• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Interested in Akai Q4 demo

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tpapp54321

Hello, I just found out that Akai had a demo reel demonstrating quadraphonic music with their line of Quad reel to reel decks. I’d be interested in hearing what one of this is like and am curious how much these typically go for? Is there an archive that I could possible find this in as well, I assume that most of the music on it would be in the public domain?
-Tom Pappas

Hello, I just found out that Akai had a demo reel demonstrating quadraphonic music with their line of Quad reel to reel decks. I’d be interested in hearing what one of this is like and am curious how much these typically go for? Is there an archive that I could possible find this in as well, I assume that most of the music on it would be in the public domain?
-Tom Pappas

Hi. Tpapp54321

Yes Akai did have a demo tape with there Quad tape decks when sold new, and they did demonstrated a good sense of flow and discreet all around sound.
Sony also had a demo tape.
These tapes came with new hard ware but today people tend to sell them separately & go for silly $$$$

Here are some of them.

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

Untitled_Panorama3.jpg

This Akai tape didn't come with new hard ware you bought as a extra ^

Untitled_Panorama4.jpg

Back