Jackson Brown Surround Artist Of The Year

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It probably comes off better than we had any right to expect. Sound checks, hotel rooms...of course everyone knew they were recording, which is why it sounds so professional(if limited in scope).

ED
12041606-Ti.gif

Good grief! As much as I like ROE, this award should have gone to either The Brick or Brothers in Arms.

For shear effort and scale, it should have been Jerry Harrison.

C'mon, you guys give credence to these inane media-driven awards? We know the real deal. Award ceremonies are nothing more than high school popularity contests taken to the extreme. They are beyond meaningless.

… And now Jackson Browne winning 2005 Surround Artist of the Year Award.
I guess they were only comparing the release to Springsteen’s Devils &Dust!

This is as credible as
• Marisa Tomie winning the best supporting actress Oscar for “My Cousin Vinny”
• Jethro Tull winning the first ever heavy metal Grammy

Yes, it is a good release but "Artist of the Year"?
Hands down it should have gone to Jerry for Brick! What an INSULT!:mad:@:

splinter7 said:
… And now Jackson Browne winning 2005 Surround Artist of the Year Award.
I guess they were only comparing the release to Springsteen’s Devils &Dust!

This is as credible as
• Marisa Tomie winning the best supporting actress Oscar for “My Cousin Vinny”
• Jethro Tull winning the first ever heavy metal Grammy

Yes, it is a good release but "Artist of the Year"?
Hands down it should have gone to Jerry for Brick! What an INSULT!:mad:@:
Don't get me started........&^()*&_@&()_)&()(#&^

Ass kissers!

What I find amazing is the ROE disc came out literally a few weeks ago, it's barely in the stores, the ads in RS and ICE don't even have the DVD-A logo in them, yet this title won an award!!??

WTF? Makes one wonder. However, this still does not alter my opinion of the disc. I still like it. We can't let a decision that may have been influenced by politics affect the way we view a decent product.

I particularly liked the quote in the article:-

"Browne is being recognized for his work in promoting the emerging surround sound music format...."

I was under the impression that "surround sound" (DVD-A in this case) had emerged some time ago. This would have been more appropriate if it had actually been released when it was originally announced, two or more years ago. Nice of them to catch up!!!

Let's hope that surround sound really does 'emerge' now.

Incompetence is everywhere, this is no different.

JB should win the award for longest delayed anticipated product release, hands down.

Talking Heads is the most important release of the year in terms of what it accomplished (extras and enlarging on the bands history) and Brothers In Arms is the model of surround mixing perfection. (ie how it should be done)

Fact: ROE is a second division album and I'm about to stop biting my tongue as to it's mix philosphy...

Back