DVD/DTS Poll Jethro Tull - STAND UP [DTS DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Jethro Tull - STAND UP

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Hi folks! Seeing this post made me want to register and make my first post. I also bought Stand Up and Minstrel in the Gallery from a vendor named Blueknobs Booth off of the Bonanza website for about 30$ each. Pibroch is correct. The CD's look legit, but there is no book. I'm gonna take them home and give them a listen. If the CD's/DVD's are legit I may just keep them, cuz I really am just interested in the music.

I've been reading the QQ forums and polls for about 6 months now and have been spending WAY too much money on out of print surround titles. Looking forward to putting in my 2 cents every now and then! Thanks guys! And gals!View attachment 35549

Welcome to the forum:hi

Are you guys sure they're fakes and not just overstock without the books? They sure look good for fakes. With a sell price of $30, it doesn't seem to me that it would be worth it to duplicate them so well - these are not just jewel boxed discs, that book housing has to cost some money on it's own - and then doing the graphics.

Just a thought.

Did anyone determine for sure if these discs are counterfeit or not? Someone is selling these for $55 on eBay without the book. I am considering buying a set because I can't find anyone selling the complete set for under $100. Most are well over that. If the discs are legit I may pull the trigger. Thanks

Did anyone determine for sure if these discs are counterfeit or not? Someone is selling these for $55 on eBay without the book. I am considering buying a set because I can't find anyone selling the complete set for under $100. Most are well over that. If the discs are legit I may pull the trigger. Thanks
A few used copies on Amazon US for ~$50

Scratch that - appears to be incorrect version.

Last edited:
Yes, I had thought too that the surround mix of A New Day Yesterday sounds a bit odd for some reason, I need to listen again more closely to try and analyse why. The tracks after that have excellent surround mixes, although I did think that some of the tracks sound left side heavy to me. Overall its another excellent addition to this JT series, amazing packaging, additional tracks in surround, and I love the Stockholm concert. A 9 vote from me.
To steal a recent quote from a new member, I hope it’s OK to “necro post” here…
I was listening to this last night and thought the mix on “A New Day Yesterday” sounded a bit odd - or somehow incomplete & wanted to check here if anyone else had the same impression - which it seems a few do/did.
I almost always listen to DTS if given the option, which was the case here…out of frustration, I switched to the Dolby mix and everything filled out & sounded, frankly, great.
Anyone else have that experience?
Since this is a poll thread I will register a 9…docking 1 point for the DTS oddness…

Back