Jethro Tull - "This Was" Steven Wilson 2.0/4.1 Remix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JediJoker

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just saw this posted on another forum:
Saw the opening night of the 50th anniversary tour in Aalborg, Denmark last night. In the tour programme it says that This Was (SW stereo + 4.0 remix) will be released in November. And there's a "50 for 50" 3CD set planned for release in May. Not seen this announced anywhere else.
Interesting that it will be 4.0 instead of 5.1 this time around... I guess it would make sense, given the low recorded track count (not album tracks, "tracks" as in microphone feeds). Knew this would be happening sooner or later. Wasn't sure if it'd be this year, given Steven's touring schedule, but barring any long delays, looks like it'll be out in time for the holidays.

EDIT: The surround mix will be *4.1, not 4.0.

Last edited:
Interesting choice, especially when SW's signature is to put the vocals in the center, but I'll take it! It will probably be one of the least played Tulls for me but still necessary, just hurry up with the Benefit book re-pack and fix my OCD! ;)

OK, it certainly isn't their best. I could name 6-10 Tull albums I prefer. But, it's far from a bad album. A good first album for Jethro Toe (sic.) I've had this one on LP, UK CD and UK 2-CD expanded. I'm looking forward to this in Quad.

Stand Up is my favorite album of theirs.

Interesting choice, especially when SW's signature is to put the vocals in the center, but I'll take it! It will probably be one of the least played Tulls for me but still necessary, just hurry up with the Benefit book re-pack and fix my OCD! ;)

OK, it certainly isn't their best. I could name 6-10 Tull albums I prefer. But, it's far from a bad album. A good first album for Jethro Toe (sic.) I've had this one on LP, UK CD and UK 2-CD expanded. I'm looking forward to this in Quad.

Stand Up is my favorite album of theirs.

I look forward to hearing the quad too, but I prefer the more progressive output from the 70's with a line-up featuring Hammond or Glascock ;)

Oh, this is wonderful news! My speculations that This Was would receive a 50th Anniversary Edition came TRUE! Oh, I'm so happy, even though it's far from their best album, it will be essential to have this standing among the other spectacular sets in the collection thus far. :)

I'm definitely not a big fan of "This Was", but this particular track recorded around the same time is a gem:
[video=youtube;FcmV3ipA_pY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcmV3ipA_pY[/video]

:)

Here's the exact source of this information (from the tour program):
29027418_10156308428336410_6824167330663104512_o.jpg

:)

Back