Jethro Tull - "This Was" Steven Wilson 2.0/4.1 Remix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly what I did. Went ahead and pre-ordered from Amazon UK, for a very good/fair price. If it comes up "around" US 5 bucks cheaper shipped somewhere else.....I will likely bite. :)

And Gene start printing up receipts of all your purchases so you won't double order. I have ordered SO MUCH in the last few days my head is spinning and HAVE to keep a printed record [receipt] of all these purchases. I keep pinching myself that we're getting all these incredible surround releases and they just keep on coming.(y):QQlove:51QQ

And Gene start printing up receipts of all your purchases so you won't double order. I have ordered SO MUCH in the last few days my head is spinning and HAVE to keep a printed record [receipt] of all these purchases. I keep pinching myself that we're getting all these incredible surround releases and they just keep on coming.(y):QQlove:51QQ

I just use the calendar feature on my computer email and send a reminder email 3 days ahead of time in case I need to cancel...

I just use the calendar feature on my computer email and send a reminder email 3 days ahead of time in case I need to cancel...

The pluperfect model of efficiency, Clinty!

th

I keep printed receipts with order info/numbers in case I have an issue [like non~delivery] Had an issue with Deep Discount recently and they resolved it immediately.

One always has to have a back~up contingency!

The pluperfect model of efficiency, Clinty!

I keep printed receipts with order info/numbers in case I have an issue [like non~delivery] Had an issue with Deep Discount recently and they resolved it immediately.

One always has to have a back~up contingency!

I finally resolved my refund problem with MOMOX and got a full refund for the product...the shipping..and the return shipping AND the fee charged to my credit card for an international purchase:geek:

It was mixed in mono first, then expanded to stereo (like many Beatles records).

Excellent, thanks. It can be confusing: You're right about the Beatles, but I've read elsewhere that many (most?) Stones monos are just folds. Well, obviously excluding the really early stuff that never was in stereo.

Wow...last post on this thread was on Sept 24th...now I have to make a disclosure...for me...the content is pretty pedestrian...I live for the hit songs from Tull...and this one falls short in that category...and then Ian isn't a factor on this one...but the ironic part of this release is that of the upcoming MONSTER titles...some of the best of all time...when you are talking about the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix....and then there is RUSH...but of all these titles coming...only one has no doubts about the surround mix...this one....I don't think anybody really knows for sure what Kramer...Giles...or Chycki will do with those titles....but I'm not concerned about Steven Wilson's contribution on this title.....

So why am I suddenly talking about this "lightly" regarded title...because I have seen MOOSE drops....and that mammal with the antlers has sent a charge to my credit card...still in the pending stage...but getting ready to charge!

I think this title will be worth it just to hear "Love Story" in surround sound.
To me this is the song where the Jethro Tull sound really started to emerge, plus as @Clint Eastwood has already said, Steven Wilson has one of the best surround mixing pedigrees of anyone so we know this mix will be really good.
For 3CDs and a DVD at around $40 total price, this one is a no brainer (just like "Electric Ladyland")

:)

I think this title will be worth it just to hear "Love Story" in surround sound.
To me this is the song where the Jethro Tull sound really started to emerge, plus as @Clint Eastwood has already said, Steven Wilson has one of the best surround mixing pedigrees of anyone so we know this mix will be really good.
For 3CDs and a DVD at around $40 total price, this one is a no brainer (just like "Electric Ladyland")

:)
I'm also pretty excited to get this one. Certainly a different sound for Tull, which I love. Should be a fun listen.

Wow...last post on this thread was on Sept 24th...now I have to make a disclosure...for me...the content is pretty pedestrian...I live for the hit songs from Tull...and this one falls short in that category...and then Ian isn't a factor on this one...but the ironic part of this release is that of the upcoming MONSTER titles...some of the best of all time...when you are talking about the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix....and then there is RUSH...but of all these titles coming...only one has no doubts about the surround mix...this one....I don't think anybody really knows for sure what Kramer...Giles...or Chycki will do with those titles....but I'm not concerned about Steven Wilson's contribution on this title.....

So why am I suddenly talking about this "lightly" regarded title...because I have seen MOOSE drops....and that mammal with the antlers has sent a charge to my credit card...still in the pending stage...but getting ready to charge!

The Tull releases are always good. I don't think this will be any different. Ive never even owned the album, so it will all be new to me.

My predictions for the first two:
Beatles WA will be similar to Pepper.... Ok but not great. It will have more than a few good moments.
Hendrix: We will be highly impressed

Rush: ???? will it be like sectors or more like AFTK (SW version)

The Tull releases are always good. I don't think this will be any different. Ive never even owned the album, so it will all be new to me.

My predictions for the first two:
Beatles WA will be similar to Pepper.... Ok but not great. It will have more than a few good moments.
Hendrix: We will be highly impressed

Rush: ???? will it be like sectors or more like AFTK (SW version)

For me...since I liked Peppers...I think TWA will be like that only a little more expansive...it's NOT going to be like Imagine's bonus cuts..of these big 3...IMO...Ladyland is the wild card...the source could be a big problem and Kramer doesn't instill confidence that he could overcome a bad source....I think he "wants" to present an adventurous mix...whether he can is the question...and IMO Chycki is a return to the normal underwelming Rush...it will be in the middle...not as bad as Hemispheres but not as good as Farewell to Kings...and now that Rush fans have experienced Steven Wilson's work...it's hard to accept less...

Bottom line for me...if the fidelity on these titles are improved... and become the "best available" version of that title...it will be a success FOR ME....the surround is just gravy for me...

Back