Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland" (50th Anniversary Edition with new 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) 11/9/2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, at least I didn't refer to Hendrix's masterpiece as Electric Landlady [if you watch the vid you'll know what I'm talking about]. I'm sure Mr. Smithers was all atwitter with that faux pas!

If you don't pay the rent on time you're in for a shock! :) In all the excitement you know I didn't really check what's in the boxset... Think there's a making of on the blu ray... Oops hope didn't spoil it. To be honest like most of these boxsets I'm only really interested in the 5.1 mix... But what an album to get the surround treatment! It's worth a bullseye just for that!

If you don't pay the rent on time you're in for a shock! :) In all the excitement you know I didn't really check what's in the boxset... Think there's a making of on the blu ray... Oops hope didn't spoil it. To be honest like most of these boxsets I'm only really interested in the 5.1 mix... But what an album to get the surround treatment! It's worth a bullseye just for that!

Good to know you're a low rent boy, Smithers. It also contains an unreleased live concert on one of the RBCDs, Live @ the Hollywood Bowl [9-14-68]. And the asking price [$40.60US] is a veritable steal. I did find that video fascinating ...... at least Hendrix did have a wicked sense of humor. A man after 4ear's heart!

Last edited:
Eddie, Larry.......as long as it wasn't Kramer from Seinfeld! I watched it very early AM and then went to bed. EL was recorded at the Record Plant in NYC which was considered state of the art in the late 60's and of course was multitrack so hopefully with all the stems in pristine condition this should be a stellar remix. Interesting that Linda Eastman did the photos and she was to become Linda McCartney. Small world isn't it?
My fave Hendrix photo by Linda: http://i.pinimg.com/736x/b0/a6/dc/b0a6dc4889c77f71d5c30068092ca968.jpg

You can cancel an order regardless of what type of payment you use..HOWEVER...when you use Pay Pal it's like a cash payment...and it takes longer to get your money back...that's with most outlets...with importcds it might take longer...I stopped making orders on importcds that I wasn't sure about...unlike amazon it's not easy to cancel an order....sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times using their internal communication to stop an order...if I'm not sure about buying it from importcds I just leave it in the cart until I'm sure....on the positive side....they have helped me with returns and even replacements...it just takes a little more effort with them...
Cancellation seems to be going fine. First, I got a reply less than a day later, saying no problem, it would be dealt with shortly.
Then, I got an "out of stock" cancellation email, stating that paypal would be dealt with within a few days. Works for me.

WOW, Just WOW!
Hippie chicks with droopy boobs

Jimi-Hendrix-HD-Background.jpg

The Original Cover:
354bb9fdc73452e27a183ffe6de4a553.jpg

It looks like the games have begun a little early this time....amazon US has bumped the price up slighty from $56.70 to $59.98...some will panic and think.."I don't want to be shut out...I want to make sure I get a copy"....and I'm here to tell you they aren't going to sell out that quickly...or maybe not at all...hold your ground folks:D

Here we go again....another Walmart "type" push by amazon...I wonder how many will stay loyal to the "Moose"...amazon is now $44.32 and they included the regional "savings"...my savings are $2.89 and my tax is $2.90...so that brings my delivered price to $44.33...now if you have prime like Gos does...it's getting tempting....he loves that quicker shipping option...but after the recent fiasco on the Big Pink shipping...does one trust amazon?...they got all the orders and didn't have the stock to fill them...will they do the same thing again?....

Here we go again....another Walmart "type" push by amazon...I wonder how many will stay loyal to the "Moose"...amazon is now $44.32 and they included the regional "savings"...my savings are $2.89 and my tax is $2.90...so that brings my delivered price to $44.33...now if you have prime like Gos does...it's getting tempting....he loves that quicker shipping option...but after the recent fiasco on the Big Pink shipping...does one trust amazon?...they got all the orders and didn't have the stock to fill them...will they do the same thing again?....

Thanks, Clinty. I pre~ordered at Amazon's new price. Learned a valuable lesson. Some months back, you and I had a 'disagreement' regarding the Amazon price of a certain Karl Bohm Mozart boxset consisting of 10 RBCDs/1 BD~A. I said it was the wrong price [under $30]....you said NO, alluding to the fact they were 'blowing out' RBCDs for next to nothing. I stupidly switched my pre~order to ImportCD who actually offered a lower price. Well, guess what: ubertrout stuck with Amazon and got it for THAT price and ImportCD canceled my pre~order and I was right....the price shot up to $70+. So, I'm out the Karl Bohm box set for under $30.

https://www.amazon.com/Mozart-Compl...9&sr=1-6&keywords=karl+bohm+mozart+symphonies [NOW $95]

Thanks, Clinty. I pre~ordered at Amazon's new price. Learned a valuable lesson. Some months back, you and I had a 'disagreement' regarding the Amazon price of a certain Karl Bohm Mozart boxset consisting of 10 RBCDs/1 BD~A. I said it was the wrong price [under $30]....you said NO, alluding to the fact they were 'blowing out' RBCDs for next to nothing. I stupidly switched my pre~order to ImportCD who actually offered a lower price. Well, guess what: ubertrout stuck with Amazon and got it for THAT price and ImportCD canceled my pre~order and I was right....the price shot up to $70+. So, I'm out the Karl Bohm box set for under $30.

https://www.amazon.com/Mozart-Compl...9&sr=1-6&keywords=karl+bohm+mozart+symphonies [NOW $95]

I did mention the cheap price of CDs...BUT I don't remember giving advice on that specific title...please post the link where I said that...

Does anyone know if the LP set is really a numbered edition or not? The reason I ask is that I ordered the LP box set from the Hendrix site for $150 including shipping and it gets shipped 2 days before release date. Also comes with a hat, t-shirt and guitar pick. They guaranteed that for that price you get a number between 1-350😀

No other site mentions that it is a numbered limited edition.

That’s why I’m asking.

A quick reply or replies would be very much appreciated😀

Back