Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland" (50th Anniversary Edition with new 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) 11/9/2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the games have begun a little early this time....amazon US has bumped the price up slighty from $56.70 to $59.98...some will panic and think.."I don't want to be shut out...I want to make sure I get a copy"....and I'm here to tell you they aren't going to sell out that quickly...or maybe not at all...hold your ground folks:D

I can’t decide which title I am more excited about, White Album or Electric Ladyland. Or Imagine! The world cannot, MUST NOT end before December.

I'm not sure it will be released before 2019..... but Are You Experienced is in that same category for me.. even if it's not a surround release(y)

I kept hoping that Jimmy Page would "see the light"....but he never has...he has destroyed that catalog...and the ironic part is that he started out as an "innovator" in music production...those early Zep releases had plenty of dynamic range...now he looks like he's shaping recordings for people with MP3s and other portable devices:(

Unfortunately, I think this is the norm, not the exception. I play music all the time and my kids have picked up that habit. But they are not pretentious like I am when it comes to having to have a quality system with which to listen and appreciate. They are more content to use a phone, bluetooth speaker, dot, etc. As much as I try and prove to them how good it can sound, they still can't carry my equipment with them, much less my music collection. So mp3 it is because it fits on the device or its what is streaming on whatever internet music choice they make.

They are the future, as much as I dislike it. Therefore it only makes sense to market to the masses.

Maybe I just don't remember, but it seems to me that bands from our (meaning 40ish to 50ish year olds) generation are still going strong, but yet I don't hear about artists from the late 1990s to 2010s going at all. I also don't hear about groups that pre-date my infatuation with music (mid 70s forward, mainly) but I realize that they are pretty much getting too old to tour. I don't think any of this is a coincidence. Music, at least the hi rez stuff we seek, is a dying art, not only in school, but for the generations behind me. At least without some serious pushing from us. My kids love most of my music. I don't even complain any more when I come home and my stereo is louder than I listen. My son has taken a liking to Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin...so I took him to go see Robert Plant in Merriweather. He liked it, but commented he was disappointed there wasn't more Led Zeppelin played. I concur, but I am so glad he and I got to see this still living legend. I have hope for him, lol. Anyway, back to the point. Kids don't care. Most others don't care. We are the exception. Hopefully we can continue to afford to support the few who still make music that we want, as we want it. I hope this upcoming Hendrix release is wonderful and makes everyone here happy. Or as close as possible. I like Hendrix and this album, so I will buy it regardless. Even if it isn't perfect.

Sorry for rambling.

i just wanna say 1 thing here. Bullmoose has it on pre order for $49 and some change, there will be no upcharges. He is a member here at QQ and always gives us a heads up on new surround releases coming out, I have several items from him including the chicago quadio set and on the very day it is scheduled to be released it will be in your mailbox while many of those who ordered from amazon or wherever are whining about not seeing it for a week or three. Unfortunately I believe he only ships within the US.

i just wanna say 1 thing here. Bullmoose has it on pre order for $49 and some change, there will be no upcharges. He is a member here at QQ and always gives us a heads up on new surround releases coming out, I have several items from him including the chicago quadio set and on the very day it is scheduled to be released it will be in your mailbox while many of those who ordered from amazon or wherever are whining about not seeing it for a week or three. Unfortunately I believe he only ships within the US.

Thanks for the tip! I just pre-ordered from Bullmoose and cancelled my amazon pre-order (I felt dirty ordering from amazon anyways:oops:, lol!)

Thanks for the tip! I just pre-ordered from Bullmoose and cancelled my amazon pre-order (I felt dirty ordering from amazon anyways:oops:, lol!)
I just did the same....and actually, I cancelled my order of THIS WAS from Amazon UK and ordered from Moose. A few more dollars for This......but I need to spread the love to the Moose once in a while. :)

So, my total cost to my door for Electric & This, will be $88.94
I can live with that.....

I just did the same....and actually, I cancelled my order of THIS WAS from Amazon UK and ordered from Moose. A few more dollars for This......but I need to spread the love to the Moose once in a while. :)

So, my total cost to my door for Electric & This, will be $88.94
I can live with that.....

So....IF you get the $5 "mystery gift" from importcds for the copy of Electric you have in their shopping cart you are going to refuse it?....that's wonderful:rolleyes:

So....IF you get the $5 "mystery gift" from importcds for the copy of Electric you have in their shopping cart you are going to refuse it?....that's wonderful:rolleyes:
LOL...probably not. I don't have too much faith in the $5 off gig. They did that maybe once for me......but never again...and yeah. I buy quite a bit from them too. Anyway....as it is...Import (for me) is $46.10 to my door...and Moose is $49.97 to my door...

IF Import does sway me with $5 off....that takes the order down to $41.10.....I would jump...but...but...

LOL...probably not. I don't have too much faith in the $5 off gig. They did that maybe once for me......but never again...and yeah. I buy quite a bit from them too. Anyway....as it is...Import (for me) is $46.10 to my door...and Moose is $49.97 to my door...

IF Import does sway me with $5 off....that takes the order down to $41.10.....I would jump...but...but...

AND ...with the Doobies Quadio looming in the shadows :cool:

I had the box set in my cart for the past two days but did not receive the $5 off coupon :(
No matter: order placed anyways - to me, this is a no brainer :)

“The whole idea with the 5.1 mix was, ‘What would Jimi have done?'” Kramer explains. “I had this joystick, which was a 5.1 panning device, [and] I would listen to the original stereo mix and go, ‘OK, I did that in the stereo.’ Now in the 5.1, I’m going to zip it from left to right, center to back and zoom it all around.’ If Jimi had lived, he would have been so excited to hear that buzzing around his head. He would have said, ‘Yeah, man, do that. Move that sound around.'”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...ric-ladyland-50th-anniversary-reissue-720782/

Fwiw there's this' 08 cd dvd from Sony.

Has a documentary in dts 5.1 with music snippets .
20180913_165350.jpg
20180913_165404.jpg

2018 just keeps getting better. Hendrix in surround has always been at the top of my must have list. Pre-ordered today from Amazon US. Whopeeee. ! :phones

there's another QQ member I feel fairly confident would have Hendrix at the top of their list also and that is the one and only Quad Linda, wonder if she's heard the news yet!!

Back