Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland" (50th Anniversary Edition with new 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) 11/9/2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's another QQ member I feel fairly confident would have Hendrix at the top of their list also and that is the one and only Quad Linda, wonder if she's heard the news yet!!

I think she knows Adam..she was on the forum on Thursday and this thread started on Tuesday.....but she hasn't posted for a few months...I miss her....her posts are always informative(y)

i just wanna say 1 thing here. Bullmoose has it on pre order for $49 and some change, there will be no upcharges. He is a member here at QQ and always gives us a heads up on new surround releases coming out, I have several items from him including the chicago quadio set and on the very day it is scheduled to be released it will be in your mailbox while many of those who ordered from amazon or wherever are whining about not seeing it for a week or three. Unfortunately I believe he only ships within the US.

Good tip. I just ordered both the Lennon and the Hendrix from BullMoose!

Shipping Method: First Class/Media Mail-Free over $30

Name Price Quantity Total
John Lennon/Imagine - The Ultimate Collection@4 CD/2 Blu-RayNew - CD $84.97 1 $84.97
HENDRIX,JIMI/ELECTRIC LADYLAND@50TH ANNIV DELUXE ED@3CD + 1 BLU-RAY New - CD $49.97 1 $49.97

Sub-Total: $134.94
Shipping:
$0.00
Tax:

This is still too good to be true territory here!

I just hope this sets off motion and the rest of the catalog gets HD PCM treatment. Just getting flat transfers in 24/96 of the mono and stereo mixes of AYE, Axis, & Smash Hits would be amazing. And then if Kramer could channel anything and everything within him and produce the material from Rainbow Bridge / War Heroes / Cry of Love / Loose Ends in 5.1... Getting ahead of myself!

there's another QQ member I feel fairly confident would have Hendrix at the top of their list also and that is the one and only Quad Linda, wonder if she's heard the news yet!!

You can bet the farm she has . That gals got all formats from what I've seen . Must have "hoarder's addiction " by now. :)

OK! Ya! You can hear those Marshall's humming during his recording sessions, I always loved that, put those suckers on 10, and let it go!
And, this music was very unpopular in the USA, referred to as 'noise" , people would get offended by his 'Star Spangled Banner" and he had to go to the UK to make it, not until he past on and a new generation did he get so popular. But, those days if you had long hair you got beat up , or called names, now so acceptable.

That's not accurate history at all. The JH Experience -- and most of his songs -- didn't even exist before his trip to the UK. He broke there, and then his appearance at Monterey Pop in early 1967 and then the Fillmore, broke him in the States. He was a sensation here after that, thanks espcially to 'progressive' FM radio exposure. His Woodstock appearance (including 'Star Spangled Banner') happened much later, well after he'd become a hit act in the USA. All of his albums up to his death -- Are You Experienced, Axis, Electric Ladyland, Band of Gypsys -- were big sellers in the USA.

Ya but he was still hated by most those days. Seen as noise.

If you mean hated by the usual people who hated loud rock music then, i.e., parents, sure. But otherwise, no. He was recognized quickly by his musical peers (the Beatles, Stones, Clapton, Townshend, etc) and by rock fans/consumers as genius.

Last edited:
Can't wait to Experience this!
Have you ever been (have you ever been) to Electric Ladyland?
Have you ever been experienced?
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful...

Jimi Hendrix Woodstock.jpg

...We Will!

There's quite a good Classic Albums - Electric Ladyland documentary of how the original album was made...

It's on Sky Arts at the mo in the UK. Quite a good series. Good way to spend a lunch hour... :cool:

Finally watched all 60 minutes this morning and based on the EL stems played back by Larry Kramer in his studio this could really be a monumental remix. A fascinating process to behold as Hendrix and an illustrious assemblage of performers pieced Electric Ladyland together and the political climate of the time which dictated some of Hendrix's musical choices.

It will really be fascinating to hear what Electric Ladyland in 5.1 will ultimately sound like .... with room to finally breath anew in more than two stereo speakers [and of course the phantom center].

Thanks for sharing Mr. Smithers.

Can/will importcds cancel an order paid for with paypal? Asking for a friend... o_O

You can cancel an order regardless of what type of payment you use..HOWEVER...when you use Pay Pal it's like a cash payment...and it takes longer to get your money back...that's with most outlets...with importcds it might take longer...I stopped making orders on importcds that I wasn't sure about...unlike amazon it's not easy to cancel an order....sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times using their internal communication to stop an order...if I'm not sure about buying it from importcds I just leave it in the cart until I'm sure....on the positive side....they have helped me with returns and even replacements...it just takes a little more effort with them...

On the same subject (Hendrix and cancelling orders), I pre-ordered the upcoming two (stereo) SACDs of his other albums on Direct Music: this was a combined order -- made last January! -- when it was thought they would come out at the same time. Now, one is due in a few days, and the other further down the time line. As I got free shipping for the combined order, will I have to wait for the second one to come out to get the first?

Anyone have experience with that?

On the same subject (Hendrix and cancelling orders), I pre-ordered the upcoming two (stereo) SACDs of his other albums on Direct Music: this was a combined order -- made last January! -- when it was thought they would come out at the same time. Now, one is due in a few days, and the other further down the time line. As I got free shipping for the combined order, will I have to wait for the second one to come out to get the first?

Anyone have experience with that?

It happened to me once before and they shipped the one that came in first...they are pretty easy to reach on the phone and nice to deal with...I would wait until it is time to ship and if it doesn't... contact them at 800-449-8333 and take the customer service option(2)….like I said before...they aren't going to sell this title out on the release date....

Finally watched all 60 minutes this morning and based on the EL stems played back by Larry Kramer in his studio this could really be a monumental remix. A fascinating process to behold as Hendrix and an illustrious assemblage of performers pieced Electric Ladyland together and the political climate of the time which dictated some of Hendrix's musical choices.

It will really be fascinating to hear what Electric Ladyland in 5.1 will ultimately sound like .... with room to finally breath anew in more than two stereo speakers [and of course the phantom center].

Thanks for sharing Mr. Smithers.

"The rules for recording this album were that there were no rules"! It's surely got to lead itself to being an epic surround title! I am equally optimistic! :phones I thought it was Eddie Kramer who did the remix old chap?! :D Well I hope so... We might have a Kramer vs Kramer situation otherwise :ROFLMAO:

"The rules for recording this album were that there were no rules"! It's surely got to lead itself to being an epic surround title! I am equally optimistic! :phonesI thought it was Eddie Kramer who did the remix old chap?! :D Well I hope so... We might have a Kramer vs Kramer situation otherwise :ROFLMAO:

Eddie, Larry.......as long as it wasn't Kramer from Seinfeld! I watched it very early AM and then went to bed. EL was recorded at the Record Plant in NYC which was considered state of the art in the late 60's and of course was multitrack so hopefully with all the stems in pristine condition this should be a stellar remix. Interesting that Linda Eastman did the photos and she was to become Linda McCartney. Small world isn't it?

Last edited:
Back