Joy stick modifications for QRX8001

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazmono

Hi there! I finally got my hands on a Sansui QRX800. These things are much rarer here than in the states. I bought it off gum tree for only £400. It's in near-perfect condition. I intend to do the recapping and re-pinning myself and (when funds allow) send the preamp PCBs to QRX restore for the diff modding. Anyway, I have always wanted a joystick remote. I know this model doesn't come with that facility but I am sure I read somewhere that it can be added. Does anyone have any info on this? I will have to do it myself as I'm not about to send this beast of a receiver to the states to be worked on.

Assuming that you find out the soldering points for wiring it on (it's not too hard, basically you take out the balance controls)... where in the world you can find NOW a suitable quad joystick remote? That kind of pin-point balance L/R/F/B could be set in any position, so you're out of luck if you want to mod a game joystick mech because these do always return to full center.

I've serviced three months ago a old JVC with pinpot balance and the joystick has 4 mono potentiometers, not two as the one linked above. It may be possible to do balancing with only two (Left-Ground-Right) but the final judgement is how to duplicate/mimic the 8001 balance control.

Also, if you do balance only, it may be possible, but i had a look at the RS site and there's NO 4 gang potentiometer for a possible volume control.

Last edited:
Back