July 2017 Quadio Forum Musings

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plenty of us would take a Joni Mitchell set on its own, yeah? And I forget how many Gordon Lightfoots (-feet?) and Jackson Brownes there are, but maybe at some point Rhino would consider two-fers of Randy Newman and JT...

I’m pretty sure none of those artists have enough Quadraphonic mixes of their own to warrant a dedicated box set, but besides the possibility of any of these Quadraphonic mixes appearing in deluxe editions, maybe Warner/Rhino could start licensing out some of these mixes to Dutton Vocalion.

:)

I’m pretty sure none of those artists have enough Quadraphonic mixes of their own to warrant a dedicated box set, but besides the possibility of any of these Quadraphonic mixes appearing in deluxe editions, maybe Warner/Rhino could start licensing out some of these mixes to Dutton Vocalion.

I should hunt through old threads before putting stuff out like this, I know--but I thought there were rumors (maybe even evidence?) of one or two unreleased Joni quads beyond Court and Spark and The Hissing of Summer Lawns. (Maybe Blue and For the Roses?)

I should hunt through old threads before putting stuff out like this, I know--but I thought there were rumors (maybe even evidence?) of one or two unreleased Joni quads beyond Court and Spark and The Hissing of Summer Lawns. (Maybe Blue and For the Roses?)

If there are more than two Joni Mitchell Quadraphonic mixes in the vaults, then a box set can be considered.
I think there should be at least 4 Quadraphonic mixes in order for a box set to be considered.
Carly Simon could get one. (She's got at least 5 Quadraphonic mixes, maybe more!)

Carly Simon could get one. (She's got at least 5 Quadraphonic mixes, maybe more!)

I'd buy that set in a heartbeat! I've got all the CD-4 LPs and the mixes are excellent.

Regarding unreleased ones, Another Passenger appeared as an upcoming release in some tape catalogs, and some tracks from Anticipation appear on The Best Of Carly Simon, so it's not implausible to think that the entire thing may have been mixed.

Bachman-Turner Overdrive - 5 good quads would make an excellent box set.

Those albums are owned by Universal, not Warner/Rhino, and at the present time, Universal does not seem interested in reissuing whatever remains of their Quadraphonic library.

Those albums are owned by Universal, not Warner/Rhino, and at the present time, Universal does not seem interested in reissuing whatever remains of their Quadraphonic library.

who knows what Universal are upto, they're a slow moving giant who do things their way at the best of times! fwiw, the Rick Wakeman Quad DVD-A's aside, we've had some Universal Quads more recently from Dutton Vocalion, including Swingle Singers Four Seasons, Paul Mauriat 2-fer of Penelope & Holiday and the Ray Davies & The Button Down Brass/Orchestra 2-fer Flashpoint & Themes From The Exorcist French Connection & The Sting.. so all is not lost with them & anything under their umbrella, imho., DV could come to the rescue and liberate those BTO Quads one day, "hope springs eternal".! ;)

I believe "Blue " was announced as an upcoming quad title sometime in the early 70's from Billboard .

Her early catalogue would be great in surround if Rhino should ever consider . Even if it's only a separate Quadio title as they did with Chicago 1 and Aretha's Best Of.

Back