just got this complete restoration in from someone local

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w.a.reid

500 Club - QQ All-Star
hello, how are you?

ive been burned by more than one tech out there - seems like when you ship something out of state and only God can protect you - and he's busy.

readytech - chris ready stole somewhere near $5k in bullshit restorations.

quad bob.....enough said.

so as i continued to buy vintage gear - because i have the money and the desire....but i wanted a tech near me....it began to pile up again.

i got cancer and ended up selling a bunch of stuff to make sense of the medical bills - i was getting rid of some sansui paraphernalia - the clock - some signs - the real posters....et cetera.

someone contacted me - said he was local - about an hour and he'd like to see what all ive got.....so i invited him over.

turns out he is a tech

with a scribble-tex pad and a few hours he left with a lot of gear - all in need of repair - and he left with all of my sansui collection....and i went back to bed.

after being burned before...i was mentally prepared for it again....but i also was storing this stuff in a basement that has a bad habit of leaking....so i felt if it all disappeared, then my loss - but at least it wasnt going to the city dump.

in short - *delete* has gotten me my first load of restorations - the sanyo jcx2900k receiver - laugh if you want at sanyo - trust me, being a sansui person.....i never considered sanyo as anything but junk - but reading threads about "sleepers" out there i pounced on a few that i thought looked nice and were impeccably clean - jcx2900, jcx2600, jcx2400 and the 2050....i also bought the sanyo plus 75....but i hated it upon arrival.

i bought the tp600sa turntable x 2 ....but one was destroyed in shipping.

anyways - got the jcx2900 back today - with the tp600sa - and i bought a pair of JBL 4311 speakers from him - all of this completely restored.

came home and ran the speaker wire and plugged up the bluray/cd player - and played 2 of my tester CDs....Soundgarden and the Cult and the Chemical Brothers - needless to say.....a job very well done.

thanks *delete* - you had all my gear - and my payment - and i had a little faith - and you came through....in neon blue flying colors.

might notice the LED lights under the plinth - matches my receiver. once i have the turntable on isolation cones and a mirror....then that will be nice....and cool blue.

w.a.reid

IMG_5374.jpg
IMG_5375.jpg
IMG_5376.jpg
IMG_5392 (1).jpg

not sure why the one with the hand creeps in there so many times - b.f.i.

Attachments

• IMG_5376.jpg
    IMG_5376.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 157
AWWWWWWWWWWWWSOME Congrats Reidster - still some koo folks out there :banana:

They loook great :cool:

Glad you had good results on the restorations. Do you know if your new tech has any interest in taking on additional work, has he ever work on quad equipment?

Back