JVC 4VR-1006 vintage receiver/amp

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharding

Hi all (and apologies if you have read this thread in a different section - am new to this forum),

I just purchased a 1973 JVC 4vr-1006 receiver/amp from a second hand record store in Wellington, New Zealand. I knew nothing about this unit before I purchased it and just wanted an amp to play my old vinyl - and at $40 (about US$35) it seemed like a good deal for something vintage (it is in mint condition too).

I hooked it all up yesterday and everything works pretty well - only problem is that there is a low hum from the speakers which I cant work out is because of a grounding issue or something else like a dodgy capacitor. I took the cover off and had a good look around and noticed a couple of capacitors that are probably overdue for replacement, so that will be my job next weekend.

Anyway, does anyone out there have any infomation on this JVC receiver/amp that they would be able to share with me? Users manual, set-up info, circuitry diagrams, advice etc?? Any info whatsoever (or links to info) would be much appreciated. I havent yet attempted to set up extra speakers to test the quad features of this amp, but I dont have any quad records anyway, so that will be something I hunt around for in second hand record stores.

Cheers,
Steve

Attachments

• JVC 4VR 1006_front_overall.jpg
    JVC 4VR 1006_front_overall.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 233
  • JVC 4VR 1006_inner circuitry_overall.jpg
    JVC 4VR 1006_inner circuitry_overall.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 172
Wow - how much did you pay for this beauty ???
Where about in Wellington was the second hand shop?

Will be heading down there in a couple of months time, might look in to see what they have.

Thanks

Just $40. It was a bit of a case of right place, right time... the place I bought it from is called Lo-cost records - a second hand record store in Petone (on other side of harbour from Wellington city). They don't trade (or stock) much equipment and it was just by luck that the day I rang them was the same day that the JVC receiver/amp had been brought in by a friend of the owner. Just good/lucky timing on my part I guess. There is another place in Lower Hutt called WT Audio (on High St) who do repair work on old gear - that have a load of old amps. Might be worth a look if you have a car to get out that way...

Back