Kamakiriad is 25!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humprof

Junior Senior
QQ Supporter
Well, this article doesn't even mention Elliot Scheiner's surround mix, so maybe I'm posting in the wrong forum. (I didn't want to clutter up the poll thread.) But Kamakiriad turns 25 on Friday, May 25th. I like this album--and its opening track--a whole lot better than the writer does, but it's nice to have any excuse to revisit it. (I remember seeing it for the very first time at the HMV on Oxford Street in London on the day it came out--and dying a new death each day for weeks until I could finally get back home to the States to hear it.)

Anyway: pull your DVD-A off the shelf or cue up your FLACs. Come on, Daddy--get in, let's go!

Well, this article doesn't even mention Elliot Scheiner's surround mix, so maybe I'm posting in the wrong forum. (I didn't want to clutter up the poll thread.) But Kamakiriad turns 25 on Friday, May 25th. I like this album--and its opening track--a whole lot better than the writer does, but it's nice to have any excuse to revisit it. (I remember seeing it for the very first time at the HMV on Oxford Street in London on the day it came out--and dying a new death each day for weeks until I could finally get back home to the States to hear it.)

Anyway: pull your DVD-A off the shelf or cue up your FLACs. Come on, Daddy--get in, let's go!

I like this title...but you know what really caught my eye....is the cover...I know...it's sounds crazy...but it's true..

Sadly overlooked! Some great mixing work. 'Teahouse on the Tracks " is one of my favs. It just hit me one night, I was "testing" my limits, (own my house) and just basically rattling the windows, shaking all the loose plaster and crap, you know. And it just kind of leapt out at me.
The sound of the glasses tinkling and people talking, it just "fits" right in. I think it's a great work, and who cares if it's unpopular, I think for myself. Like how the windscreen wiper 'wipes" when you change screens too!
I have all the Dan/Fagen productions in 5.1.

Back