King Crimson - Heaven & Earth box set (18CD / 4 BD-A / 2 DVD-A)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaking my head AND smiling...I seem to be have been doing that A LOT of that recently... I guess after a certain age you do that a lot....having a sense of humor and wonder is certainly the most difficult thing to do, especially in these dark times...
caught myself listening to the Madrid 2000 gig and NOT wondering why KC has stopped making records...
WHERE do you go after this level...yes, I am a Tony Lev fan, hell, he taught me how to play Stick AND bass...not PERSONALLY but by the magic of VHS tape,
BUT
Trey is a freak of nature, a true monster in this stuff and his sheer talent is something but THE MERE SYNERGY (AND KC IS THE BAND THAT DEFINES SYNERGY) with the other three bring this to a whole new different level..no wonder good ole T Lev has a rough time playing Trey's parts live, hell, even Trey probably thinks it's tricky!!!
Anyway, I have always said, and it is a bit rewarding going against "popular opinion"-whatever that is, that TCOL is a beast of an album and that is marked the ultimate incarnation of KC...
after this album and TPTBelieve KC had to quote Roberto "Mano de piedra" Durán against "Sugar Ray" Leonard...
"¡No más!!!"

Well, HELP!

I ordered the Heaven and Earth box set, Burning Shed confirmed that the audio glitches were still present in the new stock, told me to contact DGMLive as to how I could download the corrected files. So I follow DGMLive's instructions, who warn me (ominously) that the download code only works once, that I needed a "good" internet connection o_O, and that the process should take 4 hours :rolleyes:. Every time I tried to download a file it failed (see screen shot). I live in a rural location with a fixed wireless connection (i.e. a wi-fi tower miles away beaming a signal), and the maximum speed I can get is about 1.3MB/s. I'd get to about 500MB of a download (late at night) and it would fail. It's happened eight times in a row now with different files every 20 minutes or so (retries didn't work), and all I'm doing in this silly process is using up my internet download quota. Nobody I know out here in the bush has a super-duper download speed, if that's the issue, so I can't call on them for help.

I'm not in a polite mood to tell DGMLive what I think about this farce, so I'm hoping some nice QQers can help me out here. :bowing:

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 12.21.15 am.png

Well, HELP!

I ordered the Heaven and Earth box set, Burning Shed confirmed that the audio glitches were still present in the new stock, told me to contact DGMLive as to how I could download the corrected files. So I follow DGMLive's instructions, who warn me (ominously) that the download code only works once, that I needed a "good" internet connection o_O, and that the process should take 4 hours :rolleyes:. Every time I tried to download a file it failed (see screen shot). I live in a rural location with a fixed wireless connection (i.e. a wi-fi tower miles away beaming a signal), and the maximum speed I can get is about 1.3MB/s. I'd get to about 500MB of a download (late at night) and it would fail. It's happened eight times in a row now with different files every 20 minutes or so (retries didn't work), and all I'm doing in this silly process is using up my internet download quota. Nobody I know out here in the bush has a super-duper download speed, if that's the issue, so I can't call on them for help.

I'm not in a polite mood to tell DGMLive what I think about this farce, so I'm hoping some nice QQers can help me out here. :bowing:

Send me a PM, happy to help.
Meantime you have a lot to listen to to keep you occupied. ;)

Well, HELP!

View attachment 77457
Also happy to help. Send me a PM.
the corrected files were also not tagged. It took a while to put them in order for my digital library. But despite the glitches, this box set is great. Well done on this purchase! I already had the extra material on CD anyway.

Also happy to help. Send me a PM.
the corrected files were also not tagged. It took a while to put them in order for my digital library. But despite the glitches, this box set is great. Well done on this purchase! I already had the extra material on CD anyway.

Petr PM'd me and reminded me what time it is Down Under. :eek:
Said he's off to his bed for now.
Happy April Fool's Day to you all.

Alberto, that was my thought, that one of you local folks would be a more efficient way to help him out.
I'll step aside and let you two work together unless I can be of further service.

Just remembered when I was in grade school 60 years ago, little Pauline's mum was from Australia.
We heard the story of how Down Under, Santa comes in a sleigh pulled by six white boomers, instead of reindeer.

🦘🦘🦘🦘🦘🦘 🎅

Back