• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

King Crimson - Heaven & Earth box set

stormchaser

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Hey all, a subscriber on the Life in Surround YouTube channel has asked whether there is something amiss with the bass on the two DVD-As.
He says the stereo plays with plenty of bass, but the surround mix leaves his sub idle. I do not recall this problem. I'll be investigating.
Meanwhile, can anybody do some rips and wav analysis, to help determine what the bass in the mixes is like, and maybe help our surround friend troubleshoot?
Thanks.
No problem with the sub on my DVD-A of Reconstrukction.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
The box set arrived today by surprise...the only tracking I got was it's journey within the UK...it was shipped on the 7th...so it made it in good time...but it was strange....I had it sent to my P.O. Box and I happen to be in the post office today to mail something and the clerk mentions that I have a package(they know me)so she brings out this beat up box that is practically in shreds...I look at the sender and it's from New Jersey...it was so beat up that I didn't recognize the amazon writing on it...so I open it and there is the box set...it's perfect...not a mark...and my amazon UK account still says that I should expect delivery on Friday...

colman

Reaction score
I decided to listen to some random live recordings from Blu Ray Disc 22 The Projekcts Vol II Stereo 16/48 The Complete Live Recordings by: Projekcts Two.
I am surprised that they are actually surround in DTS-HD MSTR Dolby Surround 16/48. Or are they 24/48? Anyway Disc 22 is discrete in surround.
I have listened to quite a number of the live tracks on Disc 22, and none show up as surround - all of them are stereo… But I have not gone through all of them - are there particular ones that are in surround? The tracklist certainly suggests they are all in stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drphibes

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
As someone who bought the CD+DVD bundle from Burning Shed to get just the standalone "ReconstruKction of Light" and "Power to Believe" - I am really digging these two releases.

These seem to catch the spirit of Discpline and Thrak. Heavy like Thrak, but more open, with some interlocking bits that remind me of Discipline.

~dave~~wave~

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Received my ReconstruKCtion DVD today from Amazon ($14.98).
Wanted to see and hear for myself the bonus ProjeKCt X Heaven & Earth sample rate error.

Had to skip to track 3 to hear a pitched musical note I could focus on.
Confirming that in comparison to the CD I bought at the Modjeska Theater Milwaukee merch table November 2, 2000, an E note on the CD becomes an out-of-standard-tuning slightly-sharp F on the DVD.
3:09 CD track length is 2:52 on the DVD-A.

No worries, I'll stick the old CD in the box set when it arrives.
(Never listened to it much the last 18 years anyway, just wanted to support the tour when I bought it.)
The rest of us can get a free hi-res download for the asking.

With that out of the way, on to the MLP surround mix!
:51QQ

hwkn

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive at Barnes And Noble's warehouse to be shipped to me.[latest update 3-5 weeks]

Last edited:

~dave~~wave~

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Found this Sun-Times review of the Y2K Chicago residency right before I saw them in Milwaukee.
Tucked in my TCOL CD jewel case and forgotten.

The critic has some sharp comments, not a fan electronic drums (fifth paragraph).
Interesting in light of the decision to re-record Mastelotto acoustically.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
I was at those 3 shows!

That review though...
Got to question if he even saw one of the shows saying stuff like Pat is a weak link! Just wow.
If there is an ilk that I TOTALLY dislike in the biz , it's the "critics" (read "frustrated musicians who think that by being assh*les can be better than the ACTUAL musicians who CREATE .." .. Robert Christgau anyone?).. this laughably called "Pop Music Critic" exposes his shortcomings by trying to smear one of the music world's best drummers ever....he is obviously "comparing" BB to PM which , of course , could not be farther away from each other...perpetuating the laughable nature of "his work"...and these people get paid for being assh*oles?? (shaking my head)...

If you are going to DARE say something about musicians and their work, you have to follow SteelyDave's approach...if you can't say something nice , just shut up...there is a great saying in Spanish "en boca cerrada no entran moscas"...vale

albertop

Reaction score
I think we need surround polls for The ReconstruKction of Light and The Power to Believe! There are other surround albums in the box set, so perhaps we need a separate poll for that as well? :unsure:

gene

Reaction score
Anyone else here order Heaven & Earth box set from amazon dot com (US) ? and still haven't even received a shipping notice yet?
Did they even get any copies of it here in the States?
I'm still waiting for mine

jimfisheye

Reaction score
Ordered from Amazon UK.
I see this today:

On the way, but it may be late

SIGN IN FOR DETAILS

Your package can still arrive tomorrow

We're working to get your package back on track. Please check again later for more delivery info from i-parcel.
Was expected tomorrow

And there's tracking activity. Shipped. Customs. etc...
Looks like it's really on its way! Maybe not sure when but this is different than the scenario for Floyd ASOS mono vinyl which never had their tracking indicator move at all or ever indicate shipping. And now says:
We'll email you when we have a delivery date

We’ll ship your order as soon as possible

That was with Amazon US
So... We're back to ordering music as imports again?!
Full circle!

jimfisheye

Reaction score
A pattern emerges.
Arrived today after all. Battered and mangled looking! Box is perfect though. Not even a dented corner or anything.

Now I just need to get enough done today before cracking it open. Heaven & Earth in 5.1 will be on deck 1st! :D Probably the 4 Project One shows in 24 bit stereo 2nd.

hwkn

Reaction score
My order at Barnes And Noble got cancelled today because the supplier couldn't supply it........could it be completely sold out already?

halbroome

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
My order at Barnes And Noble got cancelled today because the supplier couldn't supply it........could it be completely sold out already?
Barnes and Noble was acquired recently -- who knows what supply contracts were suspended or cut in the changeover.