King Crimson in 5.1?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did discuss this as a possible option, but it was decided not to do this.
Various reasons.
Some of the time, the words themselves mean nothing - it was the sound of the word that mattered, not what it said.
Also there are a lot of instrumentals.

However - if enough people really want this.............I guess we are always open to suggestions.

I personally don't like listening to music with the TV on, so that anything other than a nice graphic, and something telling you what song you're listening to, is always enough for me. I'm sure you'll get various degrees of interest in things such as lyrics. Just don't do them "karaoke" style and feature a bouncing ball over each word. ;)

I'm excited about the Larks Tongues too. But what has me worried is the release schedule. The current pattern seems to be three releases per year, each fall based on Islands and Wake coming out in September - about a year after Red, Lizard and Court. At this rate we'll be getting Discipline by Christmas 2012...

Yeah - the wait for these is killing me! I wish there was some way they could get these out faster. A set of 3 titles every quarter instead of every year would have been fantastic.

Mark

I suggest the following lyric options settings:

Sinfield on Court & Poseidon = ON
Sinfield on Lizard & islands = OFF
Wetton & Palmer-James = all the way ON
Belew = ON

:rolleyes:

As the music evolves, it is nice to have the option of displaying the lyrics (even if one knows them by heart anyway!)(y)

This is a trick SACD missed.

It's part of the SACD spec to display graphics. They just never made any.

as for rock lyrics being meaningless on their own, well they were never meant to be read as poetry were they? ;-)

When the still sea conspires an armor
And her sullen and aborted
Currents breed tiny monsters
True sailing is dead
Awkward instant
And the first animal is jettisoned
Legs furiously pumping
Their stiff green gallop
And heads bob up
Poise
Delicate
Pause
Consent
In mute nostril agony
Carefully refined
And sealed over

When the still sea conspires an armor
And her sullen and aborted
Currents breed tiny monsters
True sailing is dead
Awkward instant
And the first animal is jettisoned
Legs furiously pumping
Their stiff green gallop
And heads bob up
Poise
Delicate
Pause
Consent
In mute nostril agony
Carefully refined
And sealed over

Mmme The great Jim Morrison god rest his soul, pretentious never

If anyone regrets not getting the deluxe box set of In the Court the latest email from DGM indicates more will be available, details in the coming weeks along with news of the next lot of the series.

So DGM has made an announcement about Islands and Wake. You can read it here.

What's odd is the DGM page says they are to be released Oct 1, Burning Shed says Oct. 11 and DGM Mail Order does not have them for preorder yet.

But now that it's official, I'm hoping Neil can give us some additional release info :)

Last edited:
11th on Stevens facebook page

Plenty of Product info in the Burning Shed King Crimson store, Probably going to be my Go To place to order again.

I've pre-ordered both from Burning Shed of course - always good service and I suspect a little more gets to those that deserve it.

My only question at the moment is....only two releases this go round? That's cool if they get into a quarterly or semi-annual schedule, but I'd hate to see 40th anniversary turn into 50th...

I've placed two separate preorders at BurningShed, just in case they come out at separate dates.

Time to speculate about Beat, which was to be in this 2nd batch too, and the mixing of LTiA?

I've placed two separate preorders at BurningShed, just in case they come out at separate dates.

Me too. There is no savings with shipping when ordering them together and actually a lower order amount will result in both orders likely arriving duty free. Also better in case one of them gets lost in mail. Better to lose one than both of them. So all around a good idea.

I'm not speculating on any release dates. Just ordering them as they become available. Too much other stuff to watch/listen too in the meantime.

I have been on holidays and catching up on what's going on in surroundville. I have also placed my order from Burning Shed and makes most sense as 2 seperate orders as others have stated.

peter

Back