King Crimson in 5.1?!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the DGM guestbook, this question and answer:

Can we expect a reissue of The Power to Believe in 2018, and will this be the final addition to the 40th Anniversary series? Thanks!

Alex Mundy replied:
Dear Alex, We are squirrelling away in the background preparing for a 40th anniversary of both TCOL and The Power to Believe which we hope will be available this year. Best Alex

The 2000-2003 lineup is my least favorite lineup of the band, but I’m glad that they are still reissuing these albums as part of the 40th anniversary series.
This series has definitely been one of the best reissue initiatives from a single artist, and those box sets are the best value for money of any box sets on the market today.
Can’t wait to see what this box set has in store for us!

:)

The 2000-2003 lineup is my least favorite lineup of the band, but I’m glad that they are still reissuing these albums as part of the 40th anniversary series.
This series has definitely been one of the best reissue initiatives from a single artist, and those box sets are the best value for money of any box sets on the market today.
Can’t wait to see what this box set has in store for us!

:)

I thought that COL was the worst album they ever did. The material sounded much better in live recordings.

I thought that COL was the worst album they ever did. The material sounded much better in live recordings.

Robert Fripp agrees with you and I on that point.
It will be interesting to see how they handle that particular album on the upcoming reissues.

I never cared much for TCOLight but I really liked Power to believe a lot. I'm guessing there is loads of possibilities for a box from this era - the often mentioned "ReKconstruction of Light," assorted ProjeKcts and all the live stuff right up through the few 2008 shows with Gavin....could be a huge set.

Looking at dates, I can see that they'd want to do this set as the box for 2018...2019 will be the 50th ann for Court and with that set being long gone and at least one hint of there being another package of that stuff (with more?)...yeah...2019 Court 50th box set, makes sense to me.

To quote Clint.. I am definitely not "cookie-cutter" cause I think TCOL was one of their brightest moments (pun not intended)... maybe Bobby was not happy with it cause of personal reasons, as it usually happens...

TCOL was when Trey Gunn showed the world who was the GENIUS in touch bass & guitar.. AAMOF, a couple of songs are STILL played by KCrimson from that LP, which is testament that "el Frippo" LIKES the material.. we also have the great T Lev confessing that Trey's bass parts are the most difficult parts he has ever played...

I was FLOORED when I saw them on that tour...

Granted, IIRC , the CD was recorded on ADATs (ugh!), so the sound is not the best, but the material was top notch...

Hey, we'll probably get a "reworked" version, so I'll settle for that..

Back