King Crimson - "Meltdown: Live in Mexico"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One clarification on the Blu-ray Disc:

Besides the 2 1/2 hour video concert, the Blu-Ray also contains the audio from all three CDs mixed in 5.1 surround as an added bonus, so that means we get a 2 1/2 hour video concert & 3 1/2 additional hours of audio, all in high-res stereo & 5.1 surround.

Also, the surround mix and video editing is better than "Radical Action". The surround is more discrete this time around, and there's no annoying dissolves over dissolves anymore. This time the video editing uses the split-screen effect very nicely.
Plus the band are playing even better than they did in 2015, so if you're a King Crimson fan, this is a real winner of a release!

(More later on...)

One clarification on the Blu-ray Disc:

Besides the 2 1/2 hour video concert, the Blu-Ray also contains the audio from all three CDs mixed in 5.1 surround as an added bonus, so that means we get a 2 1/2 hour video concert & 3 1/2 additional hours of audio, all in high-res stereo & 5.1 surround.

Also, the surround mix and video editing is better than "Radical Action". The surround is more discrete this time around, and there's no annoying dissolves over dissolves anymore. This time the video editing uses the split-screen effect very nicely.
Plus the band are playing even better than they did in 2015, so if you're a King Crimson fan, this is a real winner of a release!

(More later on...)

I am confused here. The 5.1 surround of the CDS is from another source of the video??? Or that the video is not in surround????

When I read this in DGM Live the audio of the video is the same audio as the surround of the CDs. This is not 2 concerts. This is not added bonus for me, it's like Radical Action.

I am confused here. The 5.1 surround of the CDS is from another source of the video??? Or that the video is not in surround????
It looks like you can turn the picture off on the blu-ray to just have the surround audio - tho RTBLURAY implies that there's more audio than the video concert presentation - which would be a bonus. Either way... Ordered!

It looks like you can turn the picture off on the blu-ray to just have the surround audio - tho RTBLURAY implies that there's more audio than the video concert presentation - which would be a bonus. Either way... Ordered!

That's correct. There's the 2.5 hr video concert, during which you can switch the video on & off with the pop-up menu button.
Then there's an additional 3.5 hr extended audio playlist which uses the same track order as the CDs.

Both the video concert and the extended audio playlist are mixed in 5.1 surround, and this is one thunderous disc that really shows this lineup reaching a new peak! I can't stop playing it!

:)

That's correct. There's the 2.5 hr video concert, during which you can switch the video on & off with the pop-up menu button.
Then there's an additional 3.5 hr extended audio playlist which uses the same track order as the CDs.

Both the video concert and the extended audio playlist are mixed in 5.1 surround, and this is one thunderous disc that really shows this lineup reaching a new peak! I can't stop playing it!

If I understand correctly, there's an additional 1-hour of audio in surround.

If I understand correctly, there's an additional 1-hour of audio in surround.

That's correct.
The extended audio playlist contains songs that are not part of the video concert including songs I wish were part of the concert film, like "Larks' Tongues in Aspic Pt. 1". That one is particularly spectacular with this lineup!

Not sure if this is same one Ryan posted as I can't view that one but saw this today and all I can say is these guys have still got it big time, WOW

Yep, the long drum soloing at the front of this track is one of my favorite moments on the whole Blu-Ray.
However once Jakko's singing starts, I switch to the next track.
Don't get me wrong. Jakko is a great singer for King Crimson, but this is the only track where he really falters IMHO.
The new melody he created for this song totally does not respect the randomness and excitement of Adrian Belew's original rendition, which kept you on edge and peaked at exactly the right moments, whereas Jakko's performance of this is very anti-climatic.

I also love this lineup's rendition of "Neurotica", where Mel Collins does some awesome improvisational jazz playing throughout it.

I pre-order this on amazon ca a month ago and they cancel my order because they can't get it from their supplier:mad: And if I order this on the UK, it's going to take forever if it's not lost in the mail

Back cover:

61jLDx5eM0L.jpg

Back