Led Zeppelin "How The West Was Won" Blu-Ray Reissue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backside time!
Note, it says this at the bottom:
This album was mixed from the original multitrack tapes under supervision and approval of Led Zeppelin, and mastered in 2017 especially for this Blu-Ray.
Maybe based on that note, it will sound a little different compared to the DVD-A/V disc from 2003.

:)
71QYUqc6wPL._SL1009_.jpg

I have now had an first listening to this disc and as expected it is really great!
I have the DVD-A but hadn´t listened to for some time so i am really glad to hear it is still as good as i remember it.
My first comparision between the two didn´t say so much.
They sound equally good i would say.
I remember the when comparing the Eagles Hotel california Bluray to the DVD-A i felt that the Bluray by some reason sounded a bit better.
I get a little of this feeling now also but it might as well be an placebo effect.

But to have tho whole "concert" on one disc is an benefit in itself and maybe when i do an bigger comparision i might find some significant difference.

But i really like the surround on this one, always have.
It is mostly centered to the front but also fills the room nicely.
It also have some nice surround effects like the end riffing in "What is and should never be" and Daced and confused is also an good example.
But what usually destroys an surround live disc for me is when the punch in the guitar is taken away in some attempt to move the sound out in the room.
This is not the case here, i don´t get better guitar sound by switching over to the stereo track.

I really hope we will get more live discs like this because this is really an fantastic disc.
With all the Bluray players around hopefully more people will realise this as they now can get the BD-A to an good price.

Last edited:
Back