Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Immersive Music News: Joni Mitchell Quadio Box - with Atmos mixes

So gratified, Mike, that Joni got the respect she so justly deserves. Only hope at some future juncture, all her older classic albums will be remixed in QUAD and ATMOS or even hi res 192/24 BD~A stereo!

And another shout out to Steve and the folks at RHINO for their amazing uptick in QUAD/ATMOS BD~A releases! Talk about going from 0 > 60 IN A FLASH! āš”

What's in My Pile?!
A perusal through the blu-rays, SACDs, and whatnot, that has amassed and awaits a listen.
Joni Mitchell, Air, Luther Vandross, Def Leppard, Camel, Moody Blues, Pearl Jam, and more.

The whole thing

The @ForagingRhino relevant part

The @PaulatSDE relevant part

Last edited:
What's in My Pile?!
A perusal through the blu-rays, SACDs, and whatnot, that has amassed and awaits a listen.
Joni Mitchell, Air, Luther Vandross, Def Leppard, Camel, Moody Blues, Pearl Jam, and more.

@edisonbaggins meets @DuncanS. Except Duncan says, ā€œyou call that a pile?!ā€

What's in My Pile?!

I have or I am still waiting for pre-orders of most of the titles in your post. Of the titles that you have just spoken about, the two (2) releases that pleasantly surprised me the most were the Thin Lizzy and Luther Vandross. Both, in my opinion, have benefitted significantly as a Blu-ray, especially "Vagabonds..."

Iā€™m intrigued by your pile!

Now, I did not include all the CD-4, QS, and SQ vinyl or all the D-V SACDs I still need/wish to get to!
Geez Mike, you have to get your priorities straight! Youā€™re always out serving our country and protecting our freedom when you could be home listening to your surround collection!

Its gone down since as I have managed to listen to quite a few, but it will have got even taller due to my surround addiction!
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/whats-your-pile.34525/#post-707751
Shaped rather symetrically into a British Pyramid of sorts, I'd say, Dunc! Tut, TUT!

To Listen To Mountain!.jpg

toot-in-car-men inspired or is that spired?
I dare you to EXTRACT King Crimson 1969 from the bottom of that pile without upsetting that 'House of Cards,' Dunc!

Looks like my unwatched collection of 4K discs ........it would take me a year just to get through them ... maybe MORE!

Last edited:
What's in My Pile?!

The whole thing

The @ForagingRhino relevant part

The @PaulatSDE relevant part

You forgot to mention Nektar. I kept waiting for that one. I thought you were going to forget Thin Lizzy too, buy they scraped in at the end.

On a side note, I'd always hoped you'd get around to reviewing the VDGG boxset. But I see now that's not going to happen ... not even in your pile. Ah well. :)

Back