Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all, I can’t express enough my appreciation for the amount of courage Mike had to have to post this video. I hope that it was both cathartic for Mike and helpful to anyone/everyone who happens upon the video.

Second, my sincere and much too inadequate thank you to Mike for his service.

Third, thank you to Mike’s family, for they also have sacrificed and continue to sacrifice daily in service to their (our) country. We can sit safely in our homes listening to music and enjoying life because folks like the Vieiras have served on the front lines.

I can’t claim to fully appreciate the emotional complexity of PTSD from the perspective of those who deal with it in their own personal lives but I am somewhat familiar with it from a small distance. My nephew served 3 tours in Iraq and he continues to receive treatment for PTSD. He is doing well today, living happily with his wife and daughters because he has and continues to receive treatment. My brother, unlike Mike, never served “down range,” nevertheless, he suffers from PTSD as a result of scrubbing in on over 1200 limb amputation surgeries performed on US veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan. He too continues to receive treatment through the US Veterans Administration.

During my 31 year career as a pediatrician I listened to stories from and tried my best to care for many people who opened up to me about their experiences with PTSD. I have to say that I was personally touched by your story about wisely and lovingly asking your wife to remove your son from the room when you were facing an emotionally difficult moment.

All I can say is, I am humbled by and eternally grateful to people like Mike who get up each morning and walk the walk. Mike, I sincerely hope that you receive relief from your treatment and that each day is better for you than the day before. Know also that here at QQ you are surrounded by folks who appreciate all that you do for our hobby and who honestly and deeply care about you.

Mike, you continue to amaze and inspire. I am blessed to know you. Reading all that has been sent to you helps me to see that you are truly Surrounded! You, comrade, are Living Life in Surround. I hope you continue to share and know that you are Love/d. At the risk of speaking for the forum, please consider us part of your surround system of support. I wish you peace

2018 Christmas Special
Featuring:
Handel's Messiah, 2L's Magnificat, The Flaming Lips Christmas on Mars, Monster Music's A Charlie Brown Christmas, Jethro Tull - A Christmas Song, John Lennon - Happy Xmas (War is Over) & Markus Reuter - Winter Solstice

Wow! Looking at the posts that precede this on the thread, you really put this together quickly! I'm responding here so I can put some links in. If I respond on YouTube, is that better for you and your algorithm pursuit?
Great decor! Nice gift! Clearly, it's not the case with you, but my Christmas is not complete without listening to Handel's Messiah! And there is another Monster Music Charlie Brown disc! And how about an Elliot Scheiner mix! Loved your This Was connection; how cool would it be if Steve Wilson were to remix this! And if the Happy Xmas (War is Over) video gets you down, you could always listen to this, for Joyce Carol Vincent was found surrounded by undelivered Christmas presents, after all! Peace on earth; goodwill toward surround!

Mother's Day Special 2019 - Mom's Top 35 Surround Albums!

Yes, Mega cool mom Mike!!! My mom passed 10 years ago with so many regrets for me, miss her every day.

I did learn about a new title also, I think the 3L one, I’ll need to check it out. Keep doing these, very enjoyable and stay safe my QQ brother:love:

Yes, Mega cool mom Mike!!! My mom passed 10 years ago with so many regrets for me, miss her every day.

I did learn about a new title also, I think the 3L one, I’ll need to check it out. Keep doing these, very enjoyable and stay safe my QQ brother:love:
2L! I love everything I have by them.
Happy Mother's Day, QQ. I know it can be a sad day. It was for Mrs. B and me for a long time. But Hopefully we all have a good day today. :hi

;)
Wow! Looking at the posts that precede this on the thread, you really put this together quickly! I'm responding here so I can put some links in. If I respond on YouTube, is that better for you and your algorithm pursuit?
Great decor! Nice gift! Clearly, it's not the case with you, but my Christmas is not complete without listening to Handel's Messiah! And there is another Monster Music Charlie Brown disc! And how about an Elliot Scheiner mix! Loved your This Was connection; how cool would it be if Steve Wilson were to remix this! And if the Happy Xmas (War is Over) video gets you down, you could always listen to this, for Joyce Carol Vincent was found surrounded by undelivered Christmas presents, after all! Peace on earth; goodwill toward surround!
Feed the algorithm! :D
These are some great suggestions. I've accumulated a couple of other Christmas discs, so far, and I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a few more.

2L! I love everything I have by them.
Happy Mother's Day, QQ. I know it can be a sad day. It was for Mrs. B and me for a long time. But Hopefully we all have a good day today. :hi
I also have some of their other releases from 2L :rolleyes: think I was just subconsciously trying to add more speakers in there (reminds me too much of stereo - should be 4 or 5 L):ROFLMAO: but super clean titles all! Hold your mom’s close everyone, there’ll never be another. Nearly time to hop over to another thread and grill me some Rib Eyes for all the hungry lads(y)

Mother's Day Special 2019 - Mom's Top 35 Surround Albums!

It's funny we had Mother's Day over in the UK a few weeks ago... I did have a minor panic thinking am I in the middle of Groundhog Day?! But all was good - I defo remember sending a card now, phew! And Sonny & Cher weren't on the radio.... Hope you guys had a great day...

Just ordered the Sketches of Spain Superdisc 🦸‍♂️ and Eric Clapton - Unplugged, thanks for the tips Baggy family! Another great video, as ever. You're a true legend and inspiration Mike... :love:

Today I created some playlists on the Life in Surround YouTube channel. Should make it easier for anybody who wants to focus on certain types of videos,
e.g. Surround Album Reviews, Surround Concert Reviews, the "In Surround" Series (everything by an artist or band in surround), etc.

Hopefully the playlists can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHccMPbwt4dG9DP7jG-8yZQ/playlists
Let me know if this is helpful and if I should create some additional playlists!

Hi Mike, I watched all of your Chicago Quadio edition, quite enjoyable. I have nothing to disagree with but an agreement that I have is moving the couch forward for a better hearing experience on the 4.0, which I find is good a lot of times on many discs. sjcorne has his entire set like that as he is a Quad purist and I find that his way of listening is enjoyable. Fredblue has even commented about not short changing yourself by just sitting in your sweetspot, move around. when I am tripping with nothing to do I sit between as an example in the middle, turned around with fronts behind me, sitting between FR and SR. In other words there are really no rules when by myself.
The only other thing was on the goodies in the discs, I have what you had and the fold out B&W photo in III and the little individual pictures fold out in # 5.
Keep up the good work. Your dog is great.

Mike, I just watched your PTSD video: Brave stuff, man. I can't imagine what it's like but I can imagine that it's totally understandable given what you've been through in the military (I've got a post grad psyc degree and so have read probably more than the average joe - no direct experience). From the treatment you're now receiving, it sounds like you're on the right path to managing it which is the smart thing to do.

I haven't been in the military (the NZ Joint Forces HQ is just over my back fence though so they're never far from my thoughts) but have had lots of family who were in it. One of my grandfathers was in the NZ Air Force at Guadalcanal and his shell shock was a result of the noise of the aircraft. Never got any help but he hated loud noises for the rest of his life. They'd set him off but he ended up just telling everyone to knock it off and they did. Point is, he didn't get treatment and managed to live the rest of his life with it well-managed, so if you're getting treatment now, you're making the best decision and I'm sure will be able to manage it better than him.

Keep at it man and let us know how you progress.

Some surround content here, and definitely some life content...
Thank you for your caring understanding, my QQ family...
So... I have PTSD...

Mike, just watched this, WOW, thankyou for being a BRAVE man in every which way. First in your sacrificial act in military and now in sharing about PTSD and again being willing to help others even though you admit you need help yourself. Praying for you as I type that healing can come your way.

Back