Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the minimum value based on all those listed values is $19,905.86 today.
72 dont have prices on them, so using the average price of the listed ones, that would be an additional $2,016
for a grand total approximate replacement value of $21,921.86
This illustrates that I clearly have a problem. OTOH, Mrs. Baggins has been using the list to select favorite surround albums to listen to while I'm at work!
She's a keeper! :love:

Is nooooooooo problema, and YOU One lucky dude with a Mrs. that gets it:LB
Right! I showed my daughter the "Collection Value" feature on Discogs (and my collection on discogs is basically just my surround) on the sly to let her know where she might sell off the ol' collection in case something were to happen to her pops, and I'll be shit if she didn't tell my wife! Ah, estrogen.

Right! I showed my daughter the "Collection Value" feature on Discogs (and my collection on discogs is basically just my surround) on the sly to let her know where she might sell off the ol' collection in case something were to happen to her pops, and I'll be shit if she didn't tell my wife! Ah, estrogen.
lmao!

Ah the long playing... er suffering wives.

My wife has a standing joke with the postman when a new package arrives.

"If it wasn't for my husbands, hobby you would be out of a job!!"

Much laughter at the front door...

When the wife is out and I answer it goes like this..

"More Music Mr King!!" The Postman asks

"What else would be in these plain brown packages!!" I reply

Even more laughter

Our little secret..

Ah the long playing... er suffering wives.

My wife has a standing joke with the postman when a new package arrives.

"If it wasn't for my husbands, hobby you would be out of a job!!"

Much laughter at the front door...

When the wife is out and I answer it goes like this..

"More Music Mr King!!" The Postman asks

"What else would be in these plain brown packages!!" I reply

Even more laughter

Our little secret..
I wonder if there's a 12.1-step program for people like us; maybe three 4.0-step programs would better serve my addiction . . .
Actually, I think I'll need two subs with that 12-step program!

I wonder if there's a 12.1-step program for people like us; maybe three 4.0-step programs would better serve my addiction . . .
Actually, I think I'll need two subs with that 12-step program!
Baggie's got the right answer to that one: 7.2.4 or is that some kind of new fangled waltz:unsure:

I intend to add my stereo stuff, over time. As I do, I add them to a list I made called "Stereo Only". I'm hoping that makes it easy for me to filter them out...
Keep in mind that the current value on Discogs/eBay is not equal to the amount that you paid. Also, that would be the amount paid over a long stretch of time. Anyway, someday we'll each of us be gone and our families will put our stuff up for sale(and give or throw stuff away). Doesn't matter. We get to enjoy it now.

Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic SACD Review

Another excellent review, Mike. But now I have to find out what a rattleslap is.

One thing I like about this SACD is the lack of compression. For example, at 1:15 of Sweet Emotion when the guitars really come in, it gets much louder and lack of compression is very much evident. It's sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Another excellent review, Mike. But now I have to find out what a rattleslap is.

One thing I like about this SACD is the lack of compression. For example, at 1:15 of Sweet Emotion when the guitars really come in, it gets much louder and lack of compression is very much evident. It's sweeeeeeeeeeeet!
Compression is WAYYYYYYY over used and abused on digital media. Boggles my mind.

Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic SACD Review

Special thanks to @ar surround @sjcorne and @Clement for various reasons...
Thanks for watching and enjoy!

Mr. Baggins -another awesome video review with those lovely, lovely charts. Toys in the Attic is a knockout 10 for me; I even love Uncle Salty, now let's have a little Aerosmith on the "Rocks" in surround!!!

The Great Quad Rescue - The Universal Fire, Classic Quad Reissues & The Race Against Time...

Special thanks to @Clement @ArmyOfQuad and @fredblue

WHAT!?! I was JUST listening to Doors blu ray! Was going to post it and I saw you had a new post on this thread! Coincidence? I think knot! Best
Video
Ever
Why? OUTTAKES!!! Hilarious. Seriously--your production value is WAY up! You are really finding your groove, comrade! Stay Surrounded! Bless you for ALL you do--you the Wizard, you the True Star! Peace

As the Life in Surround YouTube channel races toward 400 subscribers, I find myself constantly in a state of disbelief over the level of interest.

I'm very thankful to you, my QQ family, for every view, like, comment, suggestion and just the camaraderie.
Hopefully, together, we are promoting the growth and health of our cherished hobby.
I truly have been enjoying surround music more than ever. Hopefully you have been too.

Thanks again.

Back