Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review Mike I appreciate the solid comparison between the 40th and 50th. I mentioned to you that I had the 40th and did not care for how it sounded I could not explain why but you hit the nail on the proverbial head. Yep I am going to get this. By the way Mike your hitting 100% with me on your recommendations thanks for all what you do for this fantastic niche community!

Great review Mike I appreciate the solid comparison between the 40th and 50th. I mentioned to you that I had the 40th and did not care for how it sounded I could not explain why but you hit the nail on the proverbial head. Yep I am going to get this. By the way Mike your hitting 100% with me on your recommendations thanks for all what you do for this fantastic niche community!
Thanks for the feedback! So glad to be enjoying some awesome albums together.

FB_IMG_1573785526239.jpg

While I'm waiting for Stormwatch, any requests?

I'm thinking of either doing a Rush album, because I want to have an excuse to listen to some Rush

-or-

A video briefly discussing some recent Atmos and Auro albums.

While I'm waiting for Stormwatch, any requests?

Relating to the topic of Stormwatch - perhaps one of the other Tull albums? Or maybe an all-encompassing discussion of the Tull 40th series?

If you are gonna do Rush, I'm curious what you think of 2112 - I liked it much more that Chycki's Moving Pictures and Hemispheres.

Relating to the topic of Stormwatch - perhaps one of the other Tull albums? Or maybe an all-encompassing discussion of the Tull 40th series?

If you are gonna do Rush, I'm curious what you think of 2112 - I liked it much more that Chycki's Moving Pictures and Hemispheres.
Good thoughts. Regarding 2112, how do you feel about the buried lead near the end of Overture and the rather loud lead near the beginning of Bangkok? Those two moments bug me a bit.

Good thoughts. Regarding 2112, how do you feel about the buried lead near the end of Overture and the rather loud lead near the beginning of Bangkok? Those two moments bug me a bit.

Don't recall any issues with Bangkok, but I agree the 1812 Overture guitar bit is somewhat buried. My main gripes with it are the extra reverb on Geddy's vocals and that the drums seem kinda narrow (especially compared to Wilson's AFTK). Still, I really like what Chycki did with "Discovery" and "Lessons".

Don't recall any issues with Bangkok, but I agree the 1812 Overture guitar bit is somewhat buried. My main gripes with it are the extra reverb on Geddy's vocals and that the drums seem kinda narrow (especially compared to Wilson's AFTK). Still, I really like what Chycki did with "Discovery" and "Lessons".
IMO, his best Rush mix is Fly By Night. No goofs and By-Tor is badass.

Back