Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Arthur Lyman Group - The Exotic Sound of the Arthur Lyman Group (DCC CD)

Wonderful exotica/tiki/light jazz from the late 50s and early 60s. Still highly listenable...

Arthur Lyman Group.jpg

Looks intriguing hafquark- never seen that one.
Exotica was all the rage in those far off pre-Beatles days (tropical bird calls, rain sounds, etc.) I still get a kick out of, say, Les Baxter and his orchestra, but Lyman did it all with a jazz vibraphone and small group with bass, piano, drums, percussion, and an occasional guitar. His music holds up very well over half a century later.

N its back to stereo...on my 6 slot cdp..

Traveling Wilburys
Fleetwood Mac live from the tour s/t
Melissa etheridge yes i am
Evanescence fallen
School of rock soundtrack
Tom petty an american treasure disc 1

Playing on random

Woke up with the title track in my head...figured it must be time to listen to this again...
Robin Trower - Long Misty Days
What a great album.

I followed it Robin Trower - In City Dreams
This was the first Robin Trower album I bought and it still holds as my favorite.
Messin' the blues !!!

Good Morning!
Today I’m starting off with an old favorite...
Crosby Stills and Nash - CSN
Such a great album. Why don’t we have their all of their 60/70s albums in surround?!?!
The only thing close is the Stephen Stills DTS CD.
Has anyone heard it?

The only thing close is the Stephen Stills DTS CD.
Has anyone heard it?
I have both the Stills disk and David Crosby's If I Could Only Remember My Name DVD-Audio. The Stills disk is ok and Crosby's is wonderful.
But neither are CSN albums. They are a true Super Group where the sum far exceeds the individual parts in my opinion!

And all of the Crosby & Nash albums are great too! We need them all in surround!!!

Last edited:
Back