Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feeling a bit nostalgic for the land where I spent most of my life at.....some melodic Mediterranean (oh, I hate this term..!) .."chill out music"

CHAMBAO
ENDORFINAS EN LA MENTE
(2003)
RBCD

(still in print pretty cheap)
Great fake surround in DTS NEURAL:X

and, of course, knowing some Spanish would be a great plus...

truly some soul grabbing stuff!!!

Looks Cool kap'n...

I'm a big Burdon fan, I think he's fantastic.

GOS, there is an album of this tour:
https://www.discogs.com/Eric-Burdon-Brian-Auger-Band-Access-All-Areas-Live/release/3298893
Apparently Brian Auger was selling this release himself from Venice Beach; I bought one and it turned out one of the discs (of two) was bad. I mailed it back to Venice Beach with a letter. About a week later Brian called me himself and apologized and said he'd send out a replacement, which he did, how's that for customer service! May be OOP now but there's some for sale on discogs. Cheers.

MAGDALENA
(Hasn't been released since 1992 - a real crime!)
PLIIX - Would sound great in Quad.
DO- BREEZY ST.jpg

I use four speakers for stereo listening. No DSP, delay, no center on, or any processing at all.

A type of fake quad, but it sounds wonderful. Well recorded live albums sound like you are onstage with the band. My hardwood floors make it even more realistic imo.

I use four speakers for stereo listening. No DSP, delay, no center on, or any processing at all.

A type of fake quad, but it sounds wonderful. Well recorded live albums sound like you are onstage with the band. My hardwood floors make it even more realistic imo.

Hey, quicksrt, since no DSP I assume no "AVR Multi-CH Stereo", so do you mean some kind of bi-amped to speakers???

Hey, quicksrt, since no DSP I assume no "AVR Multi-CH Stereo", so do you mean some kind of bi-amped to speakers???
I have different settings for 5.1 and 4.0 than for stereo. Center chan is shut off for another not 5.1. And DSP is never used anyway. I like pure sound and not have the bits messed with, or down-sampled if possible.

For Lute
TOKYO DREAM
(The guitarist's guitarist)
View attachment 37476

and more mesmerising Kaori Muraji

Thanks for that beautiful performance. I wonder if she'll be playing at Tower Records again. They usually have weekly guest concerts there. They are very intimate and free!!

Here's one for you. It's a little late for Christmas, but what the heck! :giggle:

Last edited:
Thanks for that beautiful performance. I wonder if she'll be playing at Tower Records again. They usually have weekly guest concerts there. They are very intimate and free!!

Here's one for you. It's a little late for Christmas, but what the heck! :giggle:

Absolutely stunning, JP and Brett. And it's never too late to spread Xmas Cheer. Gorgeous song by the prolific Ryuichi Sakamoto.

Another gorgeous version from the maestro himself:

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning, JP and Brett. And it's never too late to spread Xmas Cheer. Gorgeous song by the prolific Ryuichi Sakamoto.

Another gorgeous version from the maestro himself:

Christmas and the holidays went by quickly. Here we are in 2019! Woohoo!!! Pretty soon it'll be 2029 and NASA or somebody will be getting ready to travel to Mars. :SB

Thank you Lute, that is also very beautiful, Kaori just crushes me for some reason. As far as Tower Records goes, I fondly remember visiting the original Towers in Sacramento many times and spending hours looking through everything. I miss them profoundly (thanks for Colin Hanks' wonderful documentary "All Things Must Pass" on Russ and the gang!) If you still reside in the Tokyo area, it is a true blessing to have one of these stores to still visit? I can recall one slow Saturday morning visiting the Watt Ave. store around 1992 and finding Craig Chaquico sitting in the back of the store playing acoustic guitar all by himself with no one paying much attention to him. I recognized him from his Jefferson Starship days and we talked for a few minutes; he was working on his new album which was more new age acoustic. He was very nice and approachable.
Seeing Kaori at a Tower performing would be very special indeed!
Cheers.
TOWER.JPG

Thank you Lute, that is also very beautiful, Kaori just crushes me for some reason. As far as Tower Records goes, I fondly remember visiting the original Towers in Sacramento many times and spending hours looking through everything. I miss them profoundly (thanks for Colin Hanks' wonderful documentary "All Things Must Pass" on Russ and the gang!) If you still reside in the Tokyo area, it is a true blessing to have one of these stores to still visit? I can recall one slow Saturday morning visiting the Watt Ave. store around 1992 and finding Craig Chaquico sitting in the back of the store playing acoustic guitar all by himself with no one paying much attention to him. I recognized him from his Jefferson Starship days and we talked for a few minutes; he was working on his new album which was more new age acoustic. He was very nice and approachable.
Seeing Kaori at a Tower performing would be very special indeed!
Cheers.
View attachment 37509

I guess we all have some fond memories of Tower Records. Tower Records in Japan recently released a spate of fantastic sounding ECM Stereo SACDs which unfortunately were only available from CDJapan through their PROXY service and from Acoustic Sounds in the US at almost double the list price. Example: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-26058 [Acoustic Sounds]: https://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&searchtext=ECM+SACD

The Craig Chaquico new age record you're referring to was probably Acoustic Highway which was released by Higher Octave Music in 1993:

812bCOlSixL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Back