Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Infinite Rider On The Big Dogma by Mike Nesmith. Mike rocks out on this excellent (non-country) rock album which includes 5 songs from Elephant Parts. Specweb did a great job turning it into 5.1. :rocks

Infinite Rider On The Big Dogma by Mike Nesmith. Mike rocks out on this excellent (non-country) rock album which includes 5 songs from Elephant Parts.

Wow!
What a great surprise to run across Mike Nesmith's name being mentioned here. I only have one of his albums, The Garden, but I am so happy to encounter someone that might be a fellow Nez head. I am happy to say I have Elephant Parts, Dr Duck's and Live at the Brit on LD. Small collection but so important to me. I would love to get Nezmusic & Pacific Arts but I don't know how much material overlaps.

I have done a lot of stereo to surround on the PC but I never thought of doing it with Nez because the it would be so labor intensive with dialogue, much variability in the quality and music. Certainly the quality of audio in the music is very good but then there is everything else to optimize. I have never done The Garden in surround as when I read along with the book my attention is so split that plain 'ol DPL II works fine. I might have to reconsider it as a project.

Come National Record Store Day I will put Infinite Rider at the top of my list to acquire. Besides I understand it makes great thick noodle pasta.

Wow!
What a great surprise to run across Mike Nesmith's name being mentioned here. I only have one of his albums, The Garden, but I am so happy to encounter someone that might be a fellow Nez head. I am happy to say I have Elephant Parts, Dr Duck's and Live at the Brit on LD. Small collection but so important to me. I would love to get Nezmusic & Pacific Arts but I don't know how much material overlaps.

I have done a lot of stereo to surround on the PC but I never thought of doing it with Nez because the it would be so labor intensive with dialogue, much variability in the quality and music. Certainly the quality of audio in the music is very good but then there is everything else to optimize. I have never done The Garden in surround as when I read along with the book my attention is so split that plain 'ol DPL II works fine. I might have to reconsider it as a project.

Come National Record Store Day I will put Infinite Rider at the top of my list to acquire. Besides I understand it makes great thick noodle pasta.

Nice to meet you, Wiz.
There are a few others on this site that enjoy Papa Nes, primarily his “Tropical Campfires” CD since it is a DD 5.1 CD that decodes using Pro Logic II. In general I am a huge Monkees fan and create 5.1 copies of their albums using SpecWeb which was developed by one of QQ's member's. If you can rip the audio of the songs on Elephant Parts from your LD and convert them to 5.1 with SpecWeb I'm sure you'll like the results. (y)

In The Beechwoods ~ Pink Floyd Early Years Cre/ation Sampler

The 2010 stereo remixes of Matilda Mother & In The Beechwoods are decoding very immersively this snow Easter morn in DPLIIM.
Bass management engaged to synthesize LFE, fronts & center -3dB

Last edited:
Little Feat-"Waiting for Columbus"
MFSL pressing.....
Always wanted to listen to this ever since it came out...only took me 40 years.. see?? it's never too late (Spanish proverb:"nunca es tarde si la dicha es buena")
really awesome stuff...I only had "Dixie Chicken" on CD and , of course.... Lowell George's masterpiece, "Thanks, I'll eat it here" on LP-bought about 10 years ago....

SWEET!!!!!!
don't bogart that joint! ;)
:smokin

Little Feat-"Waiting for Columbus"
MFSL pressing.....
Always wanted to listen to this ever since it came out...only took me 40 years.. see?? it's never too late (Spanish proverb:"nunca es tarde si la dicha es buena")
really awesome stuff...I only had "Dixie Chicken" on CD and , of course.... Lowell George's masterpiece, "Thanks, I'll eat it here" on LP-bought about 10 years ago....

And the extended version:

Scannen0001.jpg

Little Feat2.jpg

The video of the first Rockpalast night is also available.

-Kristian

In The Beechwoods ~ Pink Floyd Early Years Cre/ation Sampler

The 2010 stereo remixes of Matilda Mother & In The Beechwoods are decoding very immersively this snow Easter morn in DPLIIM.
Bass management engaged to synthesize LFE, fronts & center -3dB

In The Beechwoods is one of my favorite Specweb upmixes I have ever done!

I didn't listen to it until I created the new upmix and was completely blown away by the result. Great balance and so much going on in the rears.

Listening Radiohead - In Rainbows using Involve Surround. Sounds amazing!!!

I’m still waiting on my Behringer UMC404HD to arrive from Amazon so I can use my Involve Surround Master. It should have arrived April 12, then by yesterday. Amazon have refunded shipping fee but still no confirmed delivery date. Now saying ‘probably lost’ so looks like another 2 weeks to get a new one shipped.

In the mean time I’ve got a bunch of favourite stereo albums ripped and ready to go. The wait is killing me, although I’ve found myself listening to a few using my Denon’s DTS:X up mixer... I’m starting with a bunch of Aussie bands from the eighties. Those early CDs are not compressed. Managed to buy a few I didn’t already have from Discogs. Waiting, waiting...

The Bonzo Dog (Doo-Dah) Band - Gorilla & The Doughnut In Granny's Greenhouse using SpecWeb. Conversion came out great. Sounds as if they were actually mixed in 5.1. As with most "COMEDY" bands, the underlying musicianship is superb, especially Neil Innes (Monty Python associate and future Rutle "Ron Nasty") on guitar and keyboards, and woodwind players Rodney Slater and Roger Spear, both of whom would have been right at home with Bunk Gardner and Ian Underwood in the original Mothers. And for those that are not aware, this is the band that is playing "Death Cab For Cutie" during the Stripper sequence in the "Magical Mystery Tour" film.

"LOOK OUT, THERE'S A MONSTER COMING" :eek:

I got Tangerine Dreams Quantum Gate & Quantum Key CD set a few weeks ago and started listening to it today, and thought I wonder if it'll sound good through DD Pro II Music. You know what it does, some stuff sounds like its meant to be the rears, other times you're immersed, sometimes with slight time delayed 'copies' in the rears. It sound 'flat' in its original stereo!

Back