Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eek! i'd clearly forgotten all about this one being in surround as when your post came up i thought "how da fook did i miss out on this!?" then i checked it out on iTunes and remembered why i didn't get it, despite it being a Ronald Prent mix! how much actual music is there going on?
Well I hope the mix is okay as I have just ordered it from a seller on Discogs...after putting my faith in Jan...no pressure!!

eek! i'd clearly forgotten all about this one being in surround as when your post came up i thought "how da fook did i miss out on this!?" then i checked it out on iTunes and remembered why i didn't get it, despite it being a Ronald Prent mix! how much actual music is there going on?

A lot, but a lot of speech too, mostly intros.

I was a bit underwhelmed to be honest since all Prent mixes I know are great but on this one the rears are too low in the mix for my liking but it is discrete (this all after one listen). I only listened to the 5.1 mix no auro capability here.
I have my rears turned up so hopefully that will cure the mix issue...only 500 copies made as well.

Genesis The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
SACD DSD 5.1
FB_IMG_1566347965761.jpg

Genesis The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
SACD DSD 5.1
View attachment 42714

LOVE, LOVE this album, Mike. Cute story. A gorgeous woman I dated years ago went to an all girls Catholic high school and she choreographed a dance number utilizing "the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" with her rather big busted schoolmates making sure the biggest busted one was performing directly in front of the nuns ..... well, since they were wearing skimpy danskins, one of her boobies popped out, the Sisters of Charity went ballistic and the production was halted.

Last edited:
Another Soul-Stirring recommendation

View attachment 42717 Magnificent musical meditation!

from @Lute! This is no mere boast! No discogs entry, but here is the link from the @Lute post
An absolutely gorgeous album. Everything about it is superb. Even the immersive surround mix has discrete elements. Very happy to hear from you about this one. It really seemed to slip under people's radar. I guess 400-year-old music is too out there for most people. It's a shame, though. As we can clearly see from Audite's Polychoral Splendour SACD, composers & musicians have been experimenting with surround sound through the spatial arrangement of musicians for centuries.

Last edited:
Indeed! Two of the greatest live shows I ever saw were Clash shows! I had no idea about the 5..1! How are they? Only available overseas (from the US, that is! Such an ethnocentrist!), so I thought I'd ask about the mix before I spend 10 euros on shipping! Peace

The "Essential Clash " is pretty good , not great, but not bad either.

Musically--------YOU JUST CAN'T GO WRONG.

Rude Boy .... I don't have (used to have the vhs hifi) so on that dvd I can't advise.

Attachments

• 20190817_155308.jpg
    20190817_155308.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20190817_155154.jpg
    20190817_155154.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20190817_155111.jpg
    20190817_155111.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 70
The "Essential Clash " is pretty good , not great, but not bad either.

Musically--------YOU JUST CAN'T GO WRONG.

Rude Boy .... I don't have (used to have the vhs hifi) so on that dvd I can't advise.
You're right--i CAN'T go wrong! Just bought it! Before I'm friggin in the riggin

1566416188465.png

i'll be kicking against the pricks!

Back