Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Sounds like you on a pub Krall! Your 2-fer inspired me to hit

View attachment 42765

which is the reason I made the pilgrimage to Reckless Records today! I read @edisonbaggins 's recommendation and started looking around. Reckless had both Stage and David Live for a good price. Ima listen back-to-back . . . then and only then I'll hit the sack!

GREAT score, Clement. Two outstanding titles. Only Wish Bowie producer Tony Visconti had remixed ALL of David's exceptional core albums in LOSSLESS 5.1. I can only imagine Bowie's BERLIN TRILOGY in SURROUND!:SB

@Mesozoic Mike got it right! Another QQ Grand Slam

1566590308981.png

Bill Withers's Just As I Am

Last edited:
The 5.1 mix of "Who Are You" that's a bonus on The Kids Are Alright DVD. A pretty nice mix. Why couldn't they have done the whole album? I really wanna know...
Hmm, I've got that one around here somewhere; I don't remember that being that great a mix. I'll need to find it and check it out.:)
Certainly hope I have the same version.:unsure:

Hmm, I've got that one around here somewhere; I don't remember that being that great a mix. I'll need to find it and check it out.:)
Certainly hope I have the same version.:unsure:

I like the mix, it's not perfect.....it could be improved on, but I still think it's pretty good. The synths panning in the rears is a cool effect.

As for the version....it's on the 2nd disc of the 2-DVD "special edition" of the movie. To access it directly, highlight the "it's hard" trivia game on the menu and then hit your left arrow key 6 times.

I like the mix, it's not perfect.....it could be improved on, but I still think it's pretty good. The synths panning in the rears is a cool effect.

As for the version....it's on the 2nd disc of the 2-DVD "special edition" of the movie. To access it directly, highlight the "it's hard" trivia game on the menu and then hit your left arrow key 6 times.
Ohh so it's a hidden Easter egg kinda thing?

The Pretenders Greatest Hits. Only Dolby Digital 5.1, but it sounds pretty good.

Just HAD to hunt this down and I did (thanks again, Mike for the correct issue, that was a minefield) and I heard it for the first time tonight. Ok, dull-by, but for 2000 it was very passable surround.

The video that was a pastiche of the AVENGERS (the Emma Peel one, not the Hulk, haha) was worth the price alone. Interesting how the selections flipped back and forth through the ages. Chrissie Hynde manages to look young in most of them (the glaringly gray hair in one aside). What a voice! The earliest vids with the original guitarist (who didn't last past the first album, r.i.p. and coke is not your friend; at the time I thought he was the skinniest person I had ever seen play live on stage) brought back memories of seeing them perform in Edinburgh in 1980 or 1981 or so. She later married a certain Ray Davies of the Kinks who lived nearby (and there's a cover here), and a Scottish friend of mine used to go to parties with them, champagne and not your friend included. 38 years later now! Really feeling like a dinosaur these days . . . still, there's a recording like this to keep me young in spirit!

(Loved how "Popstar" took the piss out of the younger musicians :D )

Last edited:
Back