Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A buddy of mine and I listened to the surround BDA of Quadrophenia and we were mocking the album's pretensions a bit (love the music, to be clear), and he pointed out that it's a rock opera about someone who suffers from "multiple emotions disorder."

Having splurged on the stereo SHM~SACD [when it WAS $60] and the [wonderful] BD~A 5.1 versions of this WHO classic, I still prefer the fantastic remastered Criterion BD~V 5.1 of Quadrophenia: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Quadrophenia-Blu-ray/45332/#Review:banana:

Now how about the WHO's NEXT in 5.1?

Heavy horses again, really really good isn't it? pictured here a shot of TV screen along with my original vinyl copy, New Shoes Edition and signed postcard (thanks Ian)

8L6UHIN.jpg

and Oppo, new Denon AVR + Sony Blu-ray sneaking into the picture

How's the sound quality on the Steve Hackett bluray?

IMHO, it's just as good as the Steve Hackett live Blu-Ray from Liverpool, which is great!
It's a "you are there" mix as opposed to a "they are around you" mix, but it works perfectly for the live show environment.
I think there might be a little bit of surround wrap-around from the keyboards, but other than that, it's a fine front-anchored mix, and the setlist alone makes it highly recommend for any Genesis/Steve Hackett fan!

:)

So, I have a confession. Slightly embarrassed....

So, let me take you all back to mid to late 70's. I purchased an Elton John album..greatest hits. I fell in love with it. It has a song, called Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds....

I totally fell in love with that song.....having no clue whatsoever that it's a Beatle's song. honestly...no clue. Elton's version just knocks me out....and all the oddball graphics on the album......

Just saying....I love Elton's version. It rocks, and it brings back such wonderful memories.

Back