• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

sjcorne

400 Club - QQ All Star
America Hearts CD-4 LP

I just ordered the AF SACD, so i thought I'd refresh my memory of the mix. This is a lot of fun! I particularly love the guitar interplay between the rears on "Woman Tonight". A fresh transfer from the master tape should be stunning!

Snood

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Staff member
America Hearts CD-4 LP

I just ordered the AF SACD, so i thought I'd refresh my memory of the mix. This is a lot of fun! I particularly love the guitar interplay between the rears on "Woman Tonight". A fresh transfer from the master tape should be stunning!
Yep Woman Tonight is a delight on the SACD for sure :banana: :)

Frogmort

700 Club - QQ All Star
You know, the Allman Brothers is one of my favorite bands, and I'm from East Tennessee (ie:"The South"), but Lynyrd Skynyrd was never one of my favorite bands; not enough 'trippy-hippy' Allmans, too much red-neck. BUT! The Elliot Scheiner mix definitely takes it to a whole 'nother level. Not sure if I prefer this version of 'Freebird' or the one from Kingsman! :poop:

Edit: I use the poop emoji in lieu of the banana, which is currently unavailable, and will continue to do so until the banana is re-instituted on this site. :poop:

Last edited:

uffeolby

Excellent stuff! Don't know if it's truly discrete, but the surround speakers are very active. Let's roooock!

Ordered this one today too:

Finally at a "normal" price - do not care about the case anyways :)
I have this and I have given it several chances but no, it does not work for me. In my system there is no base output, something that is very common with "metal" music if you ask me. I really do not understand this att all since it makes the music sound wimpy to me. Anyone agree?

Excellent stuff! Don't know if it's truly discrete, but the surround speakers are very active. Let's roooock!

Ordered this one today too:

Finally at a "normal" price - do not care about the case anyways :)
Searching for "...Une Nuit" for a reasonable (to me) price. I'd love to give my feedback on it, someday.
I was very down on latter-day Metallica for quite a long time (and still think some of their latter-day performances are terrible, e.g. the Live stuff included with the Hardwired album), but the Through the Never movie won me over, somewhat. It kicks ass and is just simply good times. So, I'm willing to give this one a shot too, given that it has received some praise around here. Through the Never and The Black Album DVD-A both have sufficient bass for me.

Spock

I have this and I have given it several chances but no, it does not work for me. In my system there is no base output, something that is very common with "metal" music if you ask me. I really do not understand this att all since it makes the music sound wimpy to me. Anyone agree?
I did not think of the disc lacking in bass when listening to it (this afternoon, for the first time) - it may be a little "light", but I nowhere near "bad". I like it on my system.

"Thorugh the Never" with the Atmos soundtrack is something else - much more dynamic and punchy.

Both great shows :p

Spock

Searching for "...Une Nuit" for a reasonable (to me) price. I'd love to give my feedback on it, someday.
I was very down on latter-day Metallica for quite a long time (and still think some of their latter-day performances are terrible, e.g. the Live stuff included with the Hardwired album), but the Through the Never movie won me over, somewhat. It kicks ass and is just simply good times. So, I'm willing to give this one a shot too, given that it has received some praise around here. Through the Never and The Black Album DVD-A both have sufficient bass for me.
I must have been lucky the day I searched for it on Ebay (my first time searching for a copy to buy), and got the last one from this listing:

Hope you find one for a reasonable price soon!!!

elmer

Which_One_Is_Pink

300 Club - QQ All Star
Finally got my hands on 2 that have eluded me for some time now, Mostly Autumn Passengers and Blackfield V (man this one has been a pain in the ass to get ahold of). I just upgraded my surround speakers from a pair of Blows, er I mean Bose 151s which I have had around since 2005 (actually not bad little speaker) which have now being replaced with a pair of Infinity OVTR 1 speakers I picked up on Ebay for a good price. Been trying to find a good pair of these for a few years now (most of them have looked a little rough). I wanted these because my main speakers are Infinity Compositions OVTR 3 which I love and now I finally have a match for my mains. The Infinity's all have built in powered subs and coupled with a BIC America F12 12-Inch 475-Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer I can safely say I now lack for absolutely no BASS! So along with Mostly Autumn Passengers and Blackfield V I auditioned my new setup with the new Marillion Brave blu-ray and all is glorious!