Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my all time favorite episodes.......loved Burgess as an actor. :)
Yes Sir-ee G-Bob, love The Twilight Zone. o_O

Just finished:
Amused_to_Death-_2015_Remaster.jpg

Just started:
The_Incident_cover.jpg

Mike Keneally "Sluggo" 5.1

I've slowly been acquiring his albums. First time hearing this, and I like it! The surround panning seems to get more adventurous as the album progresses. Egg Zooming is a prog monster.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Mike Keneally "Sluggo" 5.1

I've slowly been acquiring his albums. First time hearing this, and I like it! The surround panning seems to get more adventurous as the album progresses. Egg Zooming is a prog monster.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I mentioned listening to Scambot 2 by Mike Keneally on the way down to Atlanta to see Dweezil Zappa on Saturday, Mike liked my status! I’ve been bugging him for additional surround mixes, suggesting downloads at some point, which he liked the idea of. I’d really like him to do “You Must Be This Tall” album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the Dweezil Zappa gig like? I saw him in October and it was excellent.

I mentioned listening to Scambot 2 by Mike Keneally on the way down to Atlanta to see Dweezil Zappa on Saturday, Mike liked my status! I’ve been bugging him for additional surround mixes, suggesting downloads at some point, which he liked the idea of. I’d really like him to do “You Must Be This Tall” album.

I saw Dweezil here in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Went up to the sound guy (John McBride?) afterwards, and told him the sound was so smooth and easy on the ears, but very fullsome, and he shook my hand, thanked me, and gave me his setlist for the night (4-15-2015). Just went and looked at it and felt it in my hands and read the date to make sure. :smokin

Edit: Great Googily-Moogily! Looks like it's 'bout time for this dulby blu-ray conundrum areety-allrighty right about now:

140741_large.jpg

Last edited:
The new DSD Surround Sound edition of Ravel and Gershwin Piano Concertos performed by Denis Kozhukhin with the Orchestre de la Suisse Romande conducted by Kazuki Yamada.
An energetic performance of this pair of Jazz-influenced concertos. Recommended.

Ravel and Gershwin Piano Concertos - PTC5186620 - 300.png

Pianist Denis Kozhukhin returns to the NativeDSD Music store with his third DSD release from Pentatone. This release joins two other DSD releases with Denis Kozhukhin at NativeDSD: Tchaikovsky & Grieg Piano Concertos & Brahms Ballades & Fantasies.

The new album features Maurice Ravel's Piano Concerto in G Major plus George Gershwin's Piano Concerto in F Major. Kozhukhin performs on this recording with the OSR Orchestre de la Suisse Romande conducted by Kazuki Yamada. It's an energetic performance of a pair of jazz-inspired piano concertos that we know NativeDSD Music listeners will enjoy in DSD.

Ravel and Gershwin Piano Concertos is available today at the NativeDSD Music store in DSD Stereo and DSD Multichannel. Pick up both for a special price by using the ST+MCH option at the store.

Pentatone says the album is “Technically flawless, Kozhukhin combines wisely the brilliance and power of his playing with a masterful sense of form, maturity, and a very unique sensitivity.”

Exuberant high spirits, pulsating rhythms and breathless virtuosity jostle with urbane sophistication and deeply felt sentiment in these scintillating jazz-inspired concertos by Maurice Ravel and George Gershwin, played with élan by Denis Kozhukhin and the Orchestre de la Suisse Romande under Kazuki Yamada in this release from PENTATONE.

A sparkling divertissement with witty orchestration and sizzling virtuosity, Ravel’s Piano Concerto in G major is and one of his best-loved works thanks to its impeccable style, dashing humor, and its hauntingly beautiful slow movement. In a change of mood, Ravel’s Piano Concerto for the Left Hand in D major is a darkly hued, powerful work with a heroic grandeur realized in a fearsomely difficult piano part that traverses the keyboard to dazzling effect. And Tin Pan Alley beckons with Gershwin’s breezily confident and polished Piano Concerto in F major. With an inventive score that artfully combines jazz elements, heart on sleeve melodies and brilliant pianistics, the result is irresistible."

https://pentatone.nativedsd.com/albums/PTC5186620-ravel-gershwin-piano-concertos

Manuel Gottsching , via Sci Fi Party , via ipod , via SQ Quad. Then same with his gorgeous "Inventions For Electric Guitar " , an SQ QUAD CD that is not only outstanding....but a must have for surround collectors , and I think still available on line.

Back