• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

timbre4

Moderator on Bass
Staff member
Alain Mallet - Mutt Slang (DTS 5.1 CD)
Mix by Scheiner and wow it doesn't disappoint!! Dynamic Range is off the charts....
CD Baby Back ordered; CD $15 is that 2CD with DTS 5.1? Etrain Records?!? Says 2017 release so this is a re-release or Elliott is not retired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOS

GOS 3.0
CD Baby Back ordered; CD $15 is that 2CD with DTS 5.1? Etrain Records?!? Says 2017 release so this is a re-release or Elliott is not retired?

Yep, there is a standard CD and then another DTS 5.1 CD (2 disc set I mean to say...and yes it's $15) ....and I wondered the same thing about Elliott...

4-earredwonder

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Yep, there is a standard CD and then another DTS 5.1 CD (2 disc set I mean to say...and yes it's $15) ....and I wondered the same thing about Elliott...
Supposedly, 71 year old Elliot Scheiner IS retired and he probably did this Etrain Records remix at or about the same time he did the Let It Snow 5.1 remix which was released by AF on SACD. Unless he's moonlighting.

timbre4

Moderator on Bass
Staff member
Supposedly, 71 year old Elliot Scheiner IS retired and he probably did this Etrain Records remix at or about the same time he did the Let It Snow 5.1 remix which was released by AF on SACD. Unless he's moonlighting.
I do think he’s retired, it’s just the CD Baby page lists this as a 2017 release.

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I do think he’s retired, it’s just the CD Baby page lists this as a 2017 release.

There are a LOT of unreleased ES remixes sitting in the vaults and this was probably done at an earlier date and then released in 2017.

IF ONLY Scheiner's association with Audio Fidelity had been at the start of AF's QUAD program, I'm sure we would've see a lot more older ES 5.1 remixes on SACD. Way too little.....way TOO LATE!