Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Guess Who - Road Food & #10
SACD DSD 4.0
Date night with Mum!

Say hi to mum and does she realize she is in the presence of You Tube's newest celebrity? Iron Mike's miked Life in Surround:51QQ

YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully, Jonathan, Yoko will have all of John's fabulous output remixed in 5.1 and include the 4.0 mix as well, where available!

As long as they keep throwing in those "Raw Studio Mixes", I'm in!

Would also be very cool to see the unreleased Mind Games quad finally out...

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....you had to sneak in that Cubs banner:dance
ef68b67d672a7f46c28c9c8ae528b956.jpg

Art Garfunkel! One of my favorites...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But we are just a music forum, very tolerant people, and if we were ‘fundamental’, we would be the ‘fun’ part, not da’mental’ ;)

Death to all non-blue jays fans! :)

err.. i have no idea what happened to fizzy's quote about wanting the Steve Miller/Joker Quad reissued.. but.. isn't it a weird mix! quite a joker! o_O

Admittedly I haven’t listened to the whole thing in a while, but I remember it being really discrete. Perhaps the most discrete Capitol quad mix.

The title track had the entire drum kit through one of the rear speakers, and the other was dead until a guitar kicked in at the chorus.

I recall liking it better than the somewhat tame Fly Like An Eagle quad.

Admittedly I haven’t listened to the whole thing in a while, but I remember it being really discrete. Perhaps the most discrete Capitol quad mix.

The title track had the entire drum kit through one of the rear speakers, and the other was dead until a guitar kicked in at the chorus.

I listen to the Q8 occasionally (I think no Quad LP right?); and it does sound very strange (not in a good way), also would love to hear it cleaned up considerably because the copy I have just sounds rough or dirty.:( All too bad, 'cause I remember parties in the 70's and dancing to this album, still enjoy the music.

I think no Quad LP right?

Correct. Capitol only issued Q8s with the exception being a small series of SQ LPs of weird unknown stuff (John Morell, Sound Of The Seventies Orchestra, etc).

Maybe they were testing the market to do quad LPs and they didn’t get the results they wanted? It’s probably a good thing because their mixes would NOT decode well in SQ.

CR_BCD.jpg

I'm hardly a country music fan, but this is a nice album and very good quad listen. Not a flashy mix (no swirling steel guitar), but everything is separated out nicely in typical CBS fashion. The fronts have the lead vocal, acoustic guitar, and piano. The drums are usually in the left rear speaker, and the right rear generally has steel guitar and/or bass. Backing vocals are in the rears.

I'd totally buy an SACD of this. Seeing as D-V have already tackled two of his quads, this could be on the horizon...

No way as good as Fly Like An Eagle .

You may have the two reversed SJ .

I don't mind The Joker ,(requested on post #17220 , frederico)...... but Eagle is just a quad masterpiece , I think anyways.

On a side note I always wondered what happened to "Book Of Dreams " which was recorded at the SAME sessions as "Fly Like An Eagle " ??? What no quad ?!

:unsure: :)

Back