Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Birds of Fire

Great rock/fusion going on here.

Discogs Info:
https://www.discogs.com/Mahavishnu-Orchestra-Birds-Of-Fire/release/7384260
With new looky likey avatar!!
Its actually the Hobgoblin beer label design...hic 🍻

Last edited:
Since you "kinda of" brought this subject up....I've just been "bored" to death...why....because after that flurry of releases in November and December it's like "cold turkey" now...no significant releases....the only think that has saved me is buying a new AVR triggered other purchases and revamping my system and shopping for speaker stands and speakers and speaker wire....

But even that activity pales in comparison to the energy generated by new releases...and all those iconic albums at almost the same time was epic....looking back a few months....this might have been my second greatest period in this hobby...#1 is when I first purchased hi rez titles...because I started late... there were so many titles to buy...just to get started...so the withdraw symptoms linger on for me..I need something "major"...like the Doobie set... to bring me back...bring the EXCITEMENT back...
Maybe this is the calm before the storm, and in a few weeks we'll be complaining about how much money all these new releases are costing us!
By the way, I filled my D-V cart with the latest 10 surround discs, but didn't pull the trigger yet... something about this latest batch just doesn't excite me... I want them, but I have SOOOOO many surround albums I never listen too... and I just keep going back to my favorites over and over again, lol... last night it was:

Jeff Beck "Wired" Japan Quad SACD & "Blow By Blow" Japan Quad SACD... these are the BOMB!!!

One of all time favorite albums. And never sounding better.

I can’t believe this was recorded in 1977. It sounds like it could have been from this decade. The late great Doug Sax’s mastering of this is well....a master(ing)piece!

I play this one probably once a week. 😚View attachment 38478
Man, I'm sure this sounds incredible!

Man, I'm sure this sounds incredible!

For whatever reasons this is one of those discs that sounds tonally perfect on my system in my room. Warm, smooth, punchy and transparent. Although, to be honest, I do have to crank up the rears and bring down the center a bit to get the mix where it pleases me the most. But playing it always makes me smile.

Maybe this is the calm before the storm, and in a few weeks we'll be complaining about how much money all these new releases are costing us!
By the way, I filled my D-V cart with the latest 10 surround discs, but didn't pull the trigger yet... something about this latest batch just doesn't excite me... I want them, but I have SOOOOO many surround albums I never listen too... and I just keep going back to my favorites over and over again, lol... last night it was:

Jeff Beck "Wired" Japan Quad SACD & "Blow By Blow" Japan Quad SACD... these are the BOMB!!!

fair play, no point buying stuff and never playing it.. and none of its even remotely like Jeff Beck! 😂
that said, a lot of that January batch is not my default listening and a number of artists/albums i'd never heard before but i reckon there's some good stuff in there from a surround sound point of view. anyway there's possibly other things coming from DV down the line that aren't Easy/Country 🤗

John Doggit

For those youngsters out there; some clarification may be in order🧐

- John Doggit is similar to: Dagnabbit; except with a twist from a now ancient T.V. show called The X Files👽.
Agent "John Doggett" (played by also Terminator "Robert Patrick") represents someone on the hunt for the truth, who is somewhat uninformed, behind the curve, but still "wants to believe!"🐶

fair play, no point buying stuff and never playing it.. and none of its even remotely like Jeff Beck! 😂
that said, a lot of that January batch is not my default listening and a number of artists/albums i'd never heard before but i reckon there's some good stuff in there from a surround sound point of view. anyway there's possibly other things coming from DV down the line that aren't Easy/Country 🤗
I'm definitely going to purchase some/all of these at some point... but for now, they'll have to wait in my cart...

Buying these new releases are like Pavlovian responses...I'm conditioned to buy them...without them I'm lost...but you can't go wrong with Jeff Beck...and Wired and Blow By Blow..but after you listen to those...you might slip in this one

Buying these new releases are like Pavlovian responses...I'm conditioned to buy them...without them I'm lost...but you can't go wrong with Jeff Beck...and Wired and Blow By Blow..but after you listen to those...you might slip in this one
That Ronnie Scott's performance is beyond epic. Jeff is easily one of the top 3 guitarists of all time. Unreal level of talent and invention!

Back