Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am wearing a tuxedo, the Mrs. is looking awesome, Ritz Carlton employee Gala, my wife is an employee, all for free, might be a little rough tomorrow when I get up at 5:00 but I am pro.

Take It To The Limit

Deep Purple - Machine Head on SACD in 5.1
I remember walking home with the vinyl album under my arm right after it was released....then I remember the store floor walker chasing me ‘cause I didn’t pay for it. j/k about that part, but it was pretty cool buying what turned out to be iconic albums like this one, Dark Side, Black Sabbath s/t etc on release day. Also, I’m old apparently. 😉

Deep Purple - Machine Head on SACD in 5.1
I remember walking home with the vinyl album under my arm right after it was released....then I remember the store floor walker chasing me ‘cause I didn’t pay for it. j/k about that part, but it was pretty cool buying what turned out to be iconic albums like this one, Dark Side, Black Sabbath s/t etc on release day. Also, I’m old apparently. 😉
Confused, to this day, over which is the best MC version.

She is singing in Norwegian " I have nothing, but when I have you I have everything. I am glistening to this now on the sacd in surround with the world's finest purple you have ever seen. Warning this combo in the sweet spot with the opposite sex will result in pregnancy. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
weddingcakeen.jpg

She is singing in Norwegian " I have nothing, but when I have you I have everything. I am glistening to this now on the sacd in surround with the world's finest purple you have ever seen. Warning this combo in the sweet spot with the opposite sex will result in pregnancy. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>View attachment 40437

I'm high just looking at it.

I own both Chicago V, should I listen to the DVD-A or the Quadio, Jonathan?
IMO, the DVD-A should be a bit better balanced in your normal 5.1 listening position. Scootch that couch and the mixes will almost even out. My nod goes ever so slightly to the DVD-A though.

She is singing in Norwegian " I have nothing, but when I have you I have everything. I am glistening to this now on the sacd in surround with the world's finest purple you have ever seen. Warning this combo in the sweet spot with the opposite sex will result in pregnancy. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>View attachment 40437

I am no connoisseur, but that is one gorgeous looking bud.

IMO, the DVD-A should be a bit better balanced in your normal 5.1 listening position. Scootch that couch and the mixes will almost even out. My nod goes ever so slightly to the DVD-A though.
OK, that is what I will do. BTW #3 is quite enjoyable, so different from # 1 which is hands down my favorite. They have Bob Dylan classes in college, they could have a Chicago class also.

Listening now to Chicago DVD-Audio . If you are a newcomer to surround and you watch these threads, DVD-Audios rule. You get pictures, lyrics, incredible Surround MLP Lossless, that is a good thing.
Here is a link for you to study: Meridian Lossless.
I will take a DVD-A any day of the week, and I don't need to know otherwise.

Back