Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Return To Forever - Returns

5063_large.jpg

If you like fusiony-jazz/rock instrumental music, this is an absolute must-have! Great fidelity and astoundingly good deep bass. I'm not quite sure if this would be considered a great surround title, but it does seem to have a huge wrap-around stereo image that uses all of the speakers. Really hard-left sounds are more in the left rear and really hard-right likewise bleeds into the right rear. I would say that it's much better than just 'big stereo', it's more like 360° stereo!

Nice!!! Another one to the bucket list.. IIRC this is from 2008,when I saw them a few days earlier (or later) in Madrid!!!

Maybe I never paid too much attention in the previous movies, but watching this afternoon the last jedi with my son at home, I was surprised about how good the closing theme is mixed in surround. The movie is even worse than what I remember from the cinema, but John Williams's soundtrack is pretty good and the orchestra sounds quite discreet. Give it a try when you can!

Compliments of Vocalion...

Art Garfunkel - Breakaway (4.0 Quad)

You all may be surprised to know this is my absolute, current, favorite multi-channel listen. I just cannot get enough of it.
I'm surprised this has simply grown on me this much, and more so, I'm shocked my favorite title right now comes from Vocalion.

Wow, I never would have thought.....
I wonder what they have up their sleeve for the remainder of 2018? Exciting!!! :dance

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing Blu-ray
Steven Wilson - 4 1/2 Blu-ray
Steven Wilson - To The Bone Blu-ray
Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses New Shoes Edition DVD
Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow APO SACD
Pink Floyd - Division Bell Blu-ray (Immersion box set)

After listening to the three Steven Wilson Blu-rays it became quite apparent what incredible 5.1 mixes they are! He is one of the best out there by far IMO.

Bill

Back