Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bowie just confounds me sometimes. I remember Changes when it came out, first song I ever heard from him that I know of, didn't have a clue who he was and really didn't care. But as the years went by, occasional flashes of brilliance would emerge. I feel that if he had concentrated less on lifestyle/appearances and devoted more to the music he would have been brilliant. Of course this is only my opinion, I know some probably think this is out of left field. Hee hee.
I like this concert for the stage production along with Carlos Alomar & Peter Frampton on guitars (and of course, Bowie's not bad;))- the audio / video is actually pretty pour on this unfortunately.

🇬🇧 -View attachment 39135

Wanted a little Brit. Prog. with breakfast, a proper breakfast actually. Thinking of my good bud across the big blue pond. Adamsie Blue, with wee Bangers and Tomatoes. Quite chuffed with the feeling that the Wizard of Watford 🧙‍♂️ may be about to announce a new round of surround tasties. Later, maybe a spot of tea - 🇬🇧

Of course, NO ONE commented on the bell which the Pupster utilizes to alert his manservant JIVES that he's finished with breakfast and demands the dishes be sterilized in 300 degree temperatures and/or that his dish was precariously situated Close To The Edge :

See the source image

See the source image

Last edited:
Mellow Friday evening here, haven’t played this one in awhile:
Doc Severinsen - Rhapsody For Now! On SACD in quad.

Picture of my new turntable 😀 Anality took its toll as I was an hour and a half hanging this grouping of 4 pictures. Which is, not so coincidentally, why I don’t have a real turntable 😉

View attachment 39152

Love the mini Red lamp wtf?? :giggle:

Picture of my new turntable 😀 Anality took its toll as I was an hour and a half hanging this grouping of 4 pictures. Which is, not so coincidentally, why I don’t have a real turntable 😉

View attachment 39152

Nice edging on the paint!

Canvas prints are expensive, moreso if they are limited. We have a couple, but hanging both horizontally AND vertically, that's a challenge!

Nice edging on the paint!

Canvas prints are expensive, moreso if they are limited. We have a couple, but hanging both horizontally AND vertically, that's a challenge!
These were hard enough to hang right, can't imagine doing ones that are horizontal and vertical. Ordered these from Amazon, $55 CDN for the set which I thought wasn't too bad. In this picture on the far wall is where I put them, I retired the 4 b&w photos (taken by Bryan Adams) that were there, the frames were starting to rattle with certain low frequencies :D

View attachment 39152

So, Mr. Red, how do you like the DV Severinsen SACD, for those like myself who are not familiar with his studio work?

I'm listening to Weather Report's Tale Spinnin' this Morning.

Back