Looking Forward to 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Floyd's The Wall will be 40 next year. Last thing I read awhile back was that the multis were in bad shape. Has anyone heard anything lately?

And yeah Clint, the Doobies announcement, if/when it happens, will cause cash to shoot out of my wallet like, well, money being spent very quickly in a visually comical manner of some sort.

Last edited:
Floyd's The Wall will be 40 next year. Last thing I read awhile back was that the multis were in bad shape. Has anyone heard anything lately?

I think we're lucky if we get "Animals" next year, and that will probably be it, although maybe a company like Criterion will release a remastered version of "The Wall" film with a 5.1 surround soundtrack. That film really does need a Blu-Ray release!

:)

I think we're lucky if we get "Animals" next year, and that will probably be it, although maybe a company like Criterion will release a remastered version of "The Wall" film with a 5.1 surround soundtrack. That film really does need a Blu-Ray release!

Pompeii in Blu-ray for any reason was not released this year, maybe in 2019...

But at least most of it is on Blu-Ray as part of the 1972 Early Years set.

Agreed, although I still have higher expectations for Maben's new version, at least on the video side of things, not sure what to expect on the audio (worse mix but better mastering?). The Chit Chat with Oysters sounds interesting, though

I really only need these 4 releases in 5.1 surround for a good 2019:

1) "The Seeds of Love" by Tears for Fears (5.1 surround mix from Steven Wilson)
2) "Animals" by Pink Floyd (5.1 surround mix from James Guthrie)
3) "Abbey Road" by The Beatles (5.1 surround mix from Giles Martin & Sam Okell)
4) The next XTC title (whatever it is, 5.1 surround mix from Steven Wilson)

Everything else would be icing on the cake

I would add the Doobies Quadio and as many Columbia quad mixes as we can get from D-V.

I really only need these 4 releases in 5.1 surround for a good 2019:

Everything else would be icing on the cake

Excactly my whishes!

Since there is a lot of speculation about the Tangerine Dream release in 2019...most provided on SHF by a couple of "insiders"....here is some "guessing" by one of the "insiders" 24db...

We now know from the SoundonSound article that the only 5.1 mixes in the box set are for the albums "Phaedra", "Ricochet", and an unreleased album from 1974 (which doesn't have a name right now.)

We now know from the SoundonSound article that the only 5.1 mixes in the box set are for the albums "Phaedra", "Ricochet", and an unreleased album from 1974 (which doesn't have a name right now.)

Yea...I saw that...I was "amused" by the approach used on that website/blog in trying to gauge interest in a box set with a lot of unknowns involved...not talking about the 5.1 mixes...but the other parts of the "massive" box set.....my amusement stems from the fact they want an estimate of how much interest is out there for something with an unknown price and mostly unknown CD content...

Something new by Bruce Soord on the way:
1547051127533.png

https://thedamethod.bandcamp.com

Back