LOVE Story - Arthur Lee, etc. Documentary (2008)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Goodness this DVD documentary of a band that I'm very interested in, has managed eluded my music radar for 10 years! I very much enjoyed watching this today, especially the rare footage and remembrances by the band, Jac Holzman and Paul Rothchild of Elektra, John Densmore of The Doors talking about Love among other things. Tour the castle home in Los Angeles the band lived in and getting the full story (more than I ever knew; some suspicions confirmed). I came to know and love this band well after their original run, odd because I was playing some casual gigs where we covered their 'Signed, D.C.' a number of times. Like finding out about this DVD, better late than never.

I'd heard their cover of 'Little Red Book' and that it was quirky good; the sheer pre-punk garage energy of "7&7 Is" floored me. A friend played me Alone Again Or and became very intrigued. That as most of you know is the first song on their third album, Forever Changes (1967). I believe this album is quite possibly one of the best accidental masterpieces ever recorded. This documentary had a good style of storytelling and the nearly two hours (plus 45 min of extra interviews) went by fairly quick (quad polls done). In any event, I do recommend this DVD if you like the music and might be curious about the band's history.

What the DVD Looks Like

Back