Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary movie - If I Leave Here Tomorrow - pretty koo

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was an obituary yesterday in The Times for Ed King (guitarist who left in 1975, wrote Sweet Home Alabama) who died of cancer on 22 August, only 68. I saw Skynyrd at Knebworth in 1976 they were way much better than the Rolling Stones!

LOL Duncan they show that show in the Doc where they walked out on the Stones tongue even though they were told not to :rocks

LOL Duncan they show that show in the Doc where they walked out on the Stones tongue even though they were told not to :rocks

Did they at least say Ahhhhhhhhhhh, Snood?

The_Rolling_Stones_-_Classic_Tongue_Logo_Graphic_eee045f8-ef49-49d9-a4ea-addc81bdcdac.jpeg

My wife and I watched and she said it was good. It was interesting because she knows the band but never really KNEW the story. Just a crash and some people died. The Doc gave her some new insights into their music and history. I learned a lot about Ed King's time in the band that I really never knew his place. The Stones tongue walk was very funny.

I actually prefer their episode of VH1 Behind The Music. Leon Wilkeson and Ronnie Van Zant's father were both still alive and interviewed for it. The elder Van Zant made quite the impression on me that few people in this recent doc did. Plus, it was one of the first episodes of that show, before it became a cliche in and of itself.

I like Joe Rogan's show from time to time, but it's touch and go often. He had Ted Nugent on his show for 3 and a half hours.

I like Joe Rogan's show from time to time, but it's touch and go often. He had Ted Nugent on his show for 3 and a half hours.

He has everyone on for 2.5 - 3.5 hrs. That's what separates him from the other "shows".

Joe's a big fan of music, he's had Steven Tyler, Maynard James Keenan, James Hetfield, etc on and those long interviews give some interesting insight that you'll never see anywhere else.

Thanks for this, a month ago my frind told me about this movie and said it was great, then I went on vacation and forgot about it. Just set my DVR to record fro tomorrow at 2:15.

Back