MakeMKV Problem?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really weird it works ok on DVD but not on Bluray says evaluation period expired. If I click on the about button it says evaluation period ended, this version expires Fri 01 Dec. So I am ok on DVD but still stuffed on Blurays..but thanks for your help.

I haven't tried the latest version with Blu-ray, if I get time I'll try later

Really weird it works ok on DVD but not on Bluray says evaluation period expired. If I click on the about button it says evaluation period ended, this version expires Fri 01 Dec. So I am ok on DVD but still stuffed on Blurays..but thanks for your help.

I used it to make MKV files from the David Gilmour blu-ray without any issues. Did you try uninstalling it all and reinstalling?

And...some notes I took when I initially installed v1.10.7 below:

To be clear, I deleted my current version, installed this one. When I opened it, if I recall, it still told me I needed to get a newer version, I ignored that message and went to help and then register and I entered the code I provided in that thread. It may have then said "thanks, need to reboot" or something like that. AFter that, it worked like old times. I even used it to do MKV files on David Gilmour, so I know it works...

Yep uninstalled it then rebooted machine before downloading and installing yours, tried that code it gets rejected, think there must be some deep embedded files that get left after uninstalling it.
Have had enough for today at least I can still do dvd but have got 4 blurays waiting:(

Yep uninstalled it then rebooted machine before downloading and installing yours, tried that code it gets rejected, think there must be some deep embedded files that get left after uninstalling it.
Have had enough for today at least I can still do dvd but have got 4 blurays waiting:(

Well that sucks. Not that it matters, but do you use Ccleaner to uninstall?

No just do through windows control panel ..uninstall programmes...don’t know if it would make a difference.
I know these programs install in such a way that if you try a free evaluation copy then uninstall it and try again a few weeks later it knows you’ve already tried it and stops you trying it again.

Working here now at last for some reason it now accepted the key code Gene posted earlier and is good until end of November. Don’t know why it wouldn’t accept the code before (and it’s not because I typed it wrong cos I copy and pasted it) but not to worry it works now...just hope the site is back up before the end of November.

I couldn't get the copy that I installed with Gene's installer to accept the reg key (thanks anyway, Gene!)--so I did some digging and was able to go to the horse's mouth...sort of.

First, after reading this forum (see "M's" post near the bottom), I modified my "hosts" file in Windows, after which I was able to get through to the MakeMKV site.

From there, I downloaded the latest beta, uninstalled/reinstalled (again), and got the reg key from the MakeMKV forum. Now it works--hopefully through the end of November!

Working here now at last for some reason it now accepted the key code Gene posted earlier and is good until end of November. Don’t know why it wouldn’t accept the code before (and it’s not because I typed it wrong cos I copy and pasted it) but not to worry it works now...just hope the site is back up before the end of November.

It's working!

its-working-gif-9.gif

Reactions: GOS
Now here's a tidbid about MakeMKV: Before dropping $100 on an external Blu-ray disc reader/writer, I wanted to see if the program works correctly on my Mac. So I tried couple of DVD-V's and tried to make a Backup. ("Backup" is the only way to decrypt a Blu-ray disc and extract audio with DVD Audio Extractor on a Mac...Thanks HomerJAU for that info.) But the "Backup" command doesn't show up. It's grayed out.

I tried all sorts of stuff that didn't work. Then I searched the web and found this note: "Full decrypted backup is a Blu-ray only feature." That post was from 2013. I assume this is still the case with MakeMKV. Anyone know anything otherwise?

Back