MANSUN - Attack of the Grey Lantern boxset

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only suggest contacting Paul Draper direct, he or his reps are very active on Facebook. I know as I have been contacted in the past because I tagged spooky action in a post. Wanted to know my thoughts on the surround etc. As he is over in the US with Steven Wilson it may be a chance to push whoever in the US owns the rights

Just because this release is not available for sale in North America does not mean that people in North America cannot purchase it.
I just ordered a copy without any issues from Burning Shed.
I think their statement means that this deluxe reissue will not be sold in North American stores, probably because Sony/Epic still hold the rights to the album in this territory, so Kscope cannot sell this reissue here.

I'm checking out this album on Spotify right now. It's definitely a 90s album with a little bit of a Tears for Fears vibe. I like what I'm hearing so far! :)

So glad this gets the 5.1 treatment, I played this a lot back in the days. The other two albums are probably even more interesting from a 5.1 point of view!

Last edited:
Just because this release is not available for sale in North America does not mean that people in North America cannot purchase it.
I just ordered a copy without any issues from Burning Shed.
I think their statement means that this deluxe reissue will not be sold in North American stores, probably because Sony/Epic still hold the rights to the album in this territory, so Kscope cannot sell this reissue here.

I'm checking out this album on Spotify right now. It's definitely a 90s album with a little bit of a Tears for Fears vibe. I like what I'm hearing so far! :)

Oh!! OK...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DVD-Video only, whaaaaa? They seemed very receptive about input on an eventual set several months ago when they were going through the tapes and it was mentioned many times:

a) lossless format for the surround mix (DVD-A, Blu-ray or digital download please)
b) vinyl not just remastered from the original stereo analogue master but CUT FROM also (AAA)

Neither.

Majorly disappointed.

I went to pre-order from the Shed and on the page it listed 29.99gbp, added to cart at 24.99 (removing vat) but at checkout went back to 29.99gbp + 11.01 shipping...a bit high, I've asked BS support to clarify as it seems there is something amiss somewhere in the process?

Hey guys, Kscope have said they would consider making a lossless download an option for purchasers of the box set depending on how many people are interested.
What's the best way to guage interest? Separate thread here and on other places like SHTV and Facebook? Anyone keen on getting the 5.1 mix in FLAC, please help as I'm not entirely sure what the best approach is but an stoked to hear they're open to it. Just was told this by Burning Shed this morning.
:)

What's the best way to guage interest? Separate thread here and on other places like SHTV and Facebook? Anyone keen on getting the 5.1 mix in FLAC, please help as I'm not entirely sure what the best approach is but an stoked to hear they're open to it. Just was told this by Burning Shed this morning.

Great! I went with Pledge though, so I sure hope I'm not left out in the cold here... Anyway, all above and https://www.facebook.com/Mansun, too.

Also, if they could make Spooky Action available in FLAC, I'm ready to buy vinyl I won't play (or anything else they want me to), as the limited edition (150 pcs?!) is long gone now.

Back