Manufacturing SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was referring to stateside reissue company's [AF, MoFi, AP] SACDs and Dutton~Vocalion's.
I know the Hong Kong issued SACDs are pressed in Japan.

The Sony SACD replication line in Japan also handles the Sony Japan SACD releases.
And is available to music companies releasing SACDs in Europe and North America as well.

BTW, Brian, Soundboy just posted that the Hong Kong SACDs are increasing in price because SONY Japan is increasing the cost of replicating SACDs. Wonder if this increase will likewise affect the Austria SACD pressing plant [My guess...YES...since SONY does control all the SACD pressing plants].

I wonder if HK Universal Music's price increase announcement has any influence in regards to MoFi switching to Arvato (formerly Sonopress) to press its latest SACD (Simon & Garfunkel)..

I wonder if HK Universal Music's price increase announcement has any influence in regards to MoFi switching to Arvato (formerly Sonopress) to press its latest SACD (Simon & Garfunkel)..

Good question and perhaps a reason for the delay.........I didn't even notice that it was pressed in Germany as all US reissue companies and Dutton Vocalion have their SACDs pressed in Austria. But I was still under the impression that SONY did own ALL of the SACD pressing plants worldwide!

Wonder if bmoura can offer clarification?

Back