Marillion "Clutching at Straws" (Deluxe Edition with 5.1 Blu-Ray Audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And......what you think?

lol.gif

Didn't receive mine yet from Fishes store. I have used the most expensive option with tracking but haven' t got a tracking code. Anyone else also is still waiting?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A500FU met Tapatalk

Didn't receive mine yet from Fishes store. I have used the most expensive option with tracking but haven' t got a tracking code. Anyone else also is still waiting?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A500FU met Tapatalk

I am in USA & I used the most expensive option but did not receive tracking number or shipping notification (I think nobody received). Received the item on 10th December.

I thought the surround was not as good as other Marillion’s. 24/48 was a little weak.
What fascinated me was the concept album about drinking alcohol and alcoholism. I had no idea.

For maximum pleasure, this BD~A must be played Loud [I played it at 76 db on my main system]. At least it wasn't harsh [meaning that 'tizzy' top end].

I thought the surround remix was tasteful in all the right places [whatever that means].

It definitely needs a second [and perhaps third] listen before casting a vote.

BTW, on Facebook, Marillion's manager listed a preliminary timeline for when the remaining Marillion reissues would be released.
As of right now, it will be "Afraid of Sunlight" and "Script for a Jester's Tear" in 2019, followed by "Season's End" and "Holidays in Eden" in 2020 and finally "Fugazi" in 2021.

Personally I would take "Season's End" or "Holidays In Eden" before "Script for a Jester's Tear", but still, this is a pretty good schedule as far as I'm concerned.

:)

Lucy (Marillion's manager) now says that the "Afraid of Sunlight" deluxe set will be released this Fall in either October or November, and it's now the only reissue planned for this year ("Script" is pushed back to 2020)

Lucy (Marillion's manager) now says that the "Afraid of Sunlight" deluxe set will be released this Fall in either October or November, and it's now the only reissue planned for this year ("Script" is pushed back to 2020)

Lucy (Marillion's manager) has now revealed that the "Afraid of Sunlight" deluxe set will be released on November 1st.
Pre-order will go live in August, and the band will be offering a signed print with pre-orders from their store.
No information yet on the content. (That will become available with the pre-order.)

Lucy (Marillion's manager) has now revealed that the "Afraid of Sunlight" deluxe set will be released on November 1st.
Pre-order will go live in August, and the band will be offering a signed print with pre-orders from their store.
No information yet on the content. (That will become available with the pre-order.)

Here's the new thread. Artwork:

86240028c1adba7e7a6a4c400219126a.jpg

Marillion & Fish picked up an award at the Progressive Music Awards last night for Reissue Of The Year: "Clutching at Straws Deluxe Edition".

John Lodge of The Moody Blues was recognized in this year’s Lifetime Achievement category, which was presented to him by Rick Wakeman.
Nick Mason was awarded the Prog God award.

Sadly Pineapple Thief's Dissolution did not pick up album of the year.

Wow... the two good things about that reissue were the original mix and the live album :)
I didn't like the remix, even though I saw some potential in a few tracks. The remix itself didn't deserve an award in my opinion. The reissue perhaps yes.

Back