Matrix H ?? -maybe

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see Brian Mathew introduced this concert, he definitly didn't do the H broadcast. So the BBC did do some SQ - well you live and learn !.
Just going back to the days if H, when Wish You Were Here came out Alan Freeman broadcast the entire album in H. I often wonder if that was the mix that was used for the SQ release or did the BBC have a go?. Perhaps some one knows here.

This was the very first Matrix H rock concert , broadcast on the official start of the BBC matrix h tests .
It occured on April 30th 1977, and this particular version was introduced by "Pete Drummond " . Of particular note from Pete was his quick quad introduction..... a small quad speaker test in Matrix H , by saying HELLO in each speaker individually in a circular pattern .

This same concert of Jack Bruce was also made available through Transcription Services in the SQ quad format, but I believe only the matrix H concert has the quad test intro as it was a BBC Test broadcast on April 30 1977 .
This was the intial start of the BBC Quad Matrix H broadcast tests for the BEEBS listeners.
Apart from stereo compatibility , mono compatibility was most important as the majority of listeners at the time had mono devices .

Back