Matrix Quad CD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One last one I recently received in the mail.

All these albums were "single inventory" SQ QUAD.
This particular album was the second POPOL VUH SQ vinyl I purchased back in the day.....and this edition had the appropriate SQ QUADRO indications re Cosmic Couriers.

Einsjager & Siebenjager , by POPOL VUH....SQ CD

Ok đź‘Ś
16962950623612910729329513760690.jpg

Actually, EV-4 was around for almost a year before any of the other systems (except Dynaco diamond) were used for released material. Many of the early EV-4 records just said "Quadraphonic" with no other reference to matrix type. They assumed that EV-4 would be the standard.
Project 3 and Ovation used stickers on the shrink wrap that had the EV Stereo-4 logo. Project 3's referred to the record being "the NEW stereo", and had the EV logo. Ovation's sticker said the album was quadraphonic/stereo, and also had the EV logo. Both also stated the record was playable on any stereo system, as well. I believe Golden Crest did something similar, too.

Project 3 and Ovation used stickers on the shrink wrap that had the EV Stereo-4 logo. Project 3's referred to the record being "the NEW stereo", and had the EV logo. Ovation's sticker said the album was quadraphonic/stereo, and also had the EV logo. Both also stated the record was playable on any stereo system, as well. I believe Golden Crest did something similar, too.
midimagic - According to a quadraphonic expert elsewhere, the first commercial matrix system, encode/decode, was DY, closely followed by EV.
jaybird100 - Yup, agree.

Fizzy, it is ambient or discrete?

Well it's Live , so I don't expect a lot of quad action, Ralpheè

But I'll give it a spin later (got it in the mail today) , and report if it's got some discreet elements.

I'm doing my best to obtain on cd , both BB KING and J L Hooker 's quad albums , that were QS matrix encoded , and John Coltrane's on Impulse.

Well , now I have my final John Coltrane quad album, on CD. IMPD 2-168

This album consists of three albums all from the John Coltrane /Van Gelder Africa Brass recording sessions in 1961, but one album was remixed and encoded in QS back in 1972 by Ed Michel/Baker Bigsby team.
The rest remain as they were.

Only Africa Brass Sessions Vol Two Impulse AS 9272 ...is QS.
Which is 2 tracks on disc one and one on disc two. So 1-2 , 1-3 , 2-1.

17115915392947427121810411934766.jpg
17115915801991669519643251254954.jpg

Well , now I have my final John Coltrane quad album, on CD. IMPD 2-168

This album consists of three albums all from the John Coltrane /Van Gelder Africa Brass recording sessions in 1961, but one album was remixed and encoded in QS back in 1972 by Ed Michel/Baker Bigsby team.
The rest remain as they were.

Only Africa Brass Sessions Vol Two Impulse AS 9272 ...is QS.
Which is 2 tracks on disc one and one on disc two. So 1-2 , 1-3 , 2-1.

View attachment 103930View attachment 103931
One of my favorite Coltrane albums, actually. Would be interested to know how it sounds!

Back