Matt "Guitar" Murphy Dead at 88

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Don't you blaspheme in here! Don't you blaspheme in here! This is my man, this is my restaurant, and you two are just gonna walk right out that door without your dry white toast, without your four fried chickens, and without Matt 'Guitar' Murphy!" - the great Aretha Franklin

RIP Matt

aretha.jpg

"Don't you blaspheme in here! Don't you blaspheme in here! This is my man, this is my restaurant, and you two are just gonna walk right out that door without your dry white toast, without your four fried chickens, and without Matt 'Guitar' Murphy!" - the great Aretha Franklin
RIP Matt

Hard to believe The Blues Brothers movie is 38 years old. It still seems fresh to me...one of those timeless works. Mom absolutely loved it. When I bought my parents their first DVD player one Christmas, she asked my sister to get her this movie. She particularly liked the Matt Murphy/Aretha Franklin scene as well as the Murph and the Magic Tones out-of-key performance at the Holiday Inn.

Back