DVD/DTS Poll Mayer, John - Room For Squares [DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc of John Mayer - ROOM FOR SQUARES

• 10 Great mix, Great Sonics, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I listened to the Multi~CH SACD of Heavier Things the other day and while I agree the disc lacks discreteness, the material is a strong 8! There's plenty of bass [at least on my B&W 802 Nautilus speakers] and a bit of shrillness but on some songs that likewise disappears.

Wish Mayer had stuck with the Thom Cadley remix but what could've been is NOT so we have to settle for what we get.

I did vote an 8!

I think we can infer from the fact that Mayer had Thom Cadley's original Atmos mix of Sob Rock pulled and replaced with a much tamer remix by someone else that he personally supervised that he's not a fan of discrete rear placement of elements, and the unengaging sound of all his surround material is entirely intentional.
One more reason to remain completely uninterested in him…

One more reason to remain completely uninterested in him…
His material does not interest me...personal choice. I saw him on one of Clapton's Guitar Festival shows and he seemed to break out of the box a little with some decent guitar playing. IDK what audience he's shooting for with his music. But then that goes for a lot of artists I'm not real interested in.

Since I realize I had not voted on this, I give it a generous 7.

Back