Mercedes-Benz Signature Sound DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, albeit i would prefer another answer.
i thought all those tracks had been taken from already mixed releases.
that's one of CCR album which i very much like and would love to see in surround.

Yeah, all tracks on the Mercedes Benz disc were are specifically selected and remixed for this release only. And the mix quality is all over the place. I do like the "Owner of a Lonely Heart" mix though, it's pretty cool!

I'd love to hear the 5.1 surround mix of "Owner of a Lonely Heart" that's on this disc. (Especially since there's no chance that Steven Wilson will remix it as part of the current series of Yes reissues.)

I really had hopes that he would. It's an outstanding album (to me anyway) and could sound fantastic in surround. No hope?

I really had hopes that he would. It's an outstanding album (to me anyway) and could sound fantastic in surround. No hope?

No hope of him remixing it in surround, but of course there's always the chance that someone else could remix it in the future. Hope Springs Eternal! :)

SNAP!!!

YUSS!!! I knew that one day, I would finally get a hold of this disc!

I'd like to thank you all for never losing faith in me, even in the dark days, when I silently cried into my chocolate ice cream, curled up in my bed in a fetal position, filled with self-doubt and the creeping nihilism that comes with constant failure. I'd like to thank my parents for teaching me that despite hardship, with patience and perseverance, you can achieve any goal you set out for. And I'd like to thank God for putting this damn thing on eBay. Or, well, that seller. :-D

So do some Mercedes car audio systems decode Dolby and DTS ? Via files on a memory stick or from a DTS-CD ?

Thanks

I'm assuming pretty much any car DVD player should be able to, as far as USB or DTS-CD, I'm not sure it probably depends on the player. Thanks for bumping this old thread though.. I just learned about this album and while I couldn't find a physical copy I did manage to find it in.. some.. other places :smokin

Does anyone know if these DVDs have a Mercedes-Benz part number? The reason I ask is that I stumbled upon a part number (very inexpensive too) that alludes to a 5.1 surround DVD. The issue is that there are no photos or details on the part listing itself.

https://www.mbpartscenter.com/oem-parts/mercedes-benz-dvd-audio-discrete-surroung-5-1-900589082200
According to the Mercedes link in the first post, you have the right number. It is being advertised as still available for $12.18.
Mercedes link

Welllllllllll Snood will be your Huckleberry :unsure:

Ordered - 16 bux shipping 28 plus bux with shipping.......

Let's see what arrives..........got my finger on the number to me CC for refund, but hmmmmmmm:rocks:rocks:LB :giggle::LB - got me email order verification right after card was billed to Phoenix Motor Parts

480-748-4828 | [email protected] if interested in calling

Of course the shipping was a rip off at $16, but it's still bargain at $28 for that OOP DVD-A. Hope you get the right thing, Snood. I can't imagine any other Mercedes part for only $12.
well there is also the Mercedes Benz
Harman/Kardon Logic7 DEMO disk (The sounds of New York)
But the order says discrete 5.1 so hopefully you are getting the right disc.
It's interesting that there is a discrete mix of Sheryl Crow on there from 2012, when she thinks that all of her tapes were lost in the fire..maybe there are still some multitrack tapes of hers hiding at Iron Mountain.
Then again I haven't played the disc for a long time and I'm assuming it's the studio version from 1996, there is a live version on bluray in 5.1 from November 2008

Last edited:
well there is also the Mercedes Benz
Harman/Kardon Logic7 DEMO disk (The sounds of New York)
But the order says discrete 5.1 so hopefully you are getting the right disc.
It's interesting that there is a discrete mix of Sheryl Crow on there from 2012, when she thinks that all of her tapes were lost in the fire..maybe there are still some multitrack tapes of hers hiding at Iron Mountain.
Then again I haven't played the disc for a long time and I'm assuming it's the studio version from 1996, there is a live version on bluray in 5.1 from November 2008

its the studio version

I have both the HK Logic 7 and the MB Signature Sound and I do not see a part number on either one. The SigSound has a Rhino number on the jacket, OPDV-8681, but there are no numbers on the HK. The HK is from 2008, the SigSound is from 2012. They are both DTS only

Welllllllllll Snood will be your Huckleberry :unsure:

Ordered - 16 bux shipping 28 plus bux with shipping.......

Let's see what arrives..........got my finger on the number to me CC for refund, but hmmmmmmm:rocks:rocks:LB :giggle::LB - got me email order verification right after card was billed to Phoenix Motor Parts

480-748-4828 | [email protected] if interested in calling
This part is also available from an eBay seller for approximately $28 USD shipped.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/163892259913

Well, from the too good to be true file. Received this email today from [email protected] folks...

"This part is currently on back order. DO you want to keep it on order and wait? Or do you want to cancel?
Let me know
Thanks"

Bender, Snood just got email confirmation of Fed Ex pick up with tracking number and whatever it is - it gonna be here Friday :unsure:

So you actually ordered one from the website Bender?

Last edited:
Bender, Snood just got email confirmation of Fed Ex pick up with tracking number and whatever it is - it gonna be here Friday :unsure:

So you actually ordered one from the website Bender?
mail

ORDER #26764 - Placed 10/05/2019

Hello Jeff Weinbender,
Thank you for your purchase! We will start processing your order shortly and will notify you with any updates. You can monitor the status of your order here.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
900-589-08-22-00​
DVD Audio (Discrete Surroung 5.1 )​
$12.18​
1​
$12.18​

Subtotal: $12.18​
Estimated Standard Shipping: $15.03​