DVD/DTS Poll Miller, Steve - Fly Like An Eagle (30th Anniversary) [DD DVD+CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Steve Miller - FLY LIKE AN EAGLE [2006]

• Total voters
Wow! This has an amazing surround mix! As for several people mentioning 'You Send Me' having a hissy weird quality, it's brushes sweeping on a snare drum. And as for the odd different take in certain parts, I kind of like looking for those little changes (sometimes) and think 'Hey, that's different!' Wish we could get the original quality, but for lossy DD, it ain't bad at all! This has some pretty great surround mixing going on. Lead vocals in the center most of the time, harmonys in the back, tons of really discrete action almost constantly. Never heard this mix before, but on my third listen tonight with a good buzz, I'm thinking a nine. :smokin

Another release wasted with DD.
But I happen to think they made a reasonable job of this album.
Yep its discrete
Great tunes
Always liked Steve Miller's music
So to close this Window it's a 9

I didn't realize I had never voted on this one until your post popped up. I give it a 10 downgraded to a 9 only because of a bit of DD "grizzle."

Too bad it's DD, but the surround mix is enjoyable.

I spun it in my car the other day, and I gotta say - the fidelity blew me away. When the guitar kicks in on "Eagle", it's almost startling. And the drums are so in your face, it's awesome. Really leaves the old DTS-CD in the dust.

I can really crank this one. I wish others had reasonable levels like this.
I guess my ears aren't cultured enough to hear the difference between this and high res. Sounds fine to me.
I have the DTS CD and I liked it. Guess the DTS CD will get bottom shelf priority now.
This one will get mid shelf status.....

I've had this in my collection for a few years. I only wish I could hear it. Especially after reading these reviews. This is one of the only discs I can remember that my Yamaha just will not read. :cry:

I've had this in my collection for a few years. I only wish I could hear it. Especially after reading these reviews. This is one of the only discs I can remember that my Yamaha just will not read. :cry:

Maybe you can rip it and then remake it, or play the files directly.

Maybe you can rip it and then remake it, or play the files directly.
Not a ripper and only recently discovered my eight year old receiver will not play multi-channel files anyway. So I just hang on to it until I upgrade my system and hopefully my new player should be able to play it. But thanks for the suggestion. I seem to recall others having playback issues with this title.

I voted 10. I am listening now to this 30th anniversary edition. I say in post 84 I voted 9, but I never pressed the button.
Now, I vote 10, mainly because I have a different listening space and it sounds better.
5.1 DVD-A (AC3 24/48) DR's are 10's, 11's, 12's & 13's.
What a great album, like a greatest hits album. Love the music and the surround takes you up and down, cruising in Wild Mountain Honey to flying in Fly Like An Eagle.
Fidelity is primo, can listen loud or soft, surround speakers don't fail. The video portion and interview with Joel Selvin is worth watching once. Concert at Shoreline, OK.

You know as a side note, Steven Wilson has been contracted to mix some "Classic Rock" in his words. Well, nobody fits better in classic rock than Steve Miller.
R-11693384-1520774292-5852.jpeg.jpg

Back